What's new

Imperial Bergamot aftershave

Anyone tried this aftershave splash? If so, what are your impressions? From the ingredient list and short-lived citrus scent, it sound a lot like Lucky Tiger. Thanks

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Imperial: Water, Sd Alcohol (Ethyl Alcohol), Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Peg-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Diazolidinyl Carbamide, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5 (ci#19140), Blue 1 (ci#42090)

Lucky: Purified Water (Aqua), Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate (Tocopherol Acetate Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (Citrus Essential Oils

Now those lists don't seem particularly similar to me. I'm not a big fan of Lucky Tiger but I'd be tempted to try the Imperial especially at the $12 per 9 oz price point.

Macadamia nut oil, whee!

edit: I think the ingredients are incorrect, the bottle says "alcohol-free" ... anyone got the correct Imperial list ?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm going with this one, seems better than Amazon's mistake.

Imperial Barber Products

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower/Leaf (ORGANIC Chamomile) Extract, PEG-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Ess Fruit Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Yellow 5 (CI#19140), Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI#42090)

MADE IN THE USA

I'm going with this one, seems better than Amazon's mistake.

Imperial Barber Products

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower/Leaf (ORGANIC Chamomile) Extract, PEG-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Ess Fruit Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Yellow 5 (CI#19140), Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI#42090)

MADE IN THE USA
Yep, that's the ingredients I got too, and it's available here also in the 9oz/265ml size for £13.50.

Made in Los Angeles, California.

Sounds well worth checking out. Wonder how it performs?

Lucky Tiger is on sale here in the traditional glass bottle at £21.95 for 6oz/240ml. That's steep.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sounds well worth checking out. Wonder how it performs?
I just may check it out. Definitely some chem lab ingredients.
I'm partial to alcohol splashes, of which I've got quite a supply, I just hope the scent isn't something I'll feel "stuck" with forever.
Don't want any new duds.

I had a bottle that was obtained from the discount retailers. Even at half price, it was not a re-buy. The scent was fine, but not enticing. It didn't really seem to do anything differently than the Thayer's Toner many here use. It wasn't moisturizing at all, but not drying either. Overall, I rate it "meh."

I had a bottle that was obtained from the discount retailers. Even at half price, it was not a re-buy. The scent was fine, but not enticing. It didn't really seem to do anything differently than the Thayer's Toner many here use. It wasn't moisturizing at all, but not drying either. Overall, I rate it "meh."
Thats what I figured as well. From the ingredients it seemed like an alternative to Thayers or Lucky Tiger. The only reason I didn't pick it up is that the rest of their products are almost ridiculously overpriced (especially their splash and cream) and I thought that the only reason everything except for this would be expensive as hell, is because its cheap as it can get.

Top Bottom