What's new

Imagine if Gillette Reissued DE Razors Today?

Funny. I was thinking about this today. My guess is that they'd be made to certain specs in China.

It would be sweet to have a made in USA Gillette of high quality though they would not likely have mass market appeal due to pricing., IMO.

Funny. I was thinking about this today. My guess is that they'd be made to certain specs in China.

It would be sweet to have a made in USA Gillette of high quality though they would not likely have mass market appeal due to pricing., IMO.

Mass market appeal by 1% depends on pricing. The rest 99% depends on the marketing. I guess Lenin said that at XX Congress of the Russian Communist Party in 1921.

proxy.php

I emailed P&G regarding the possible re-introduction of DE razors a couple of weeks ago. I no longer have the email, but basically they said they had no intention of producing them again.

A Gillette reintroduction of DE razors would suggest that a DE razor delivers a quality shave at a fraction of the cost of a battery powered $4 a piece 5-bladed aloe encrusted plastic cartridge. That would certainly hinder the development of the latest octal-bladed model.

They might consider it if we recommend an adjustable DE with rubberized handle, led light for proper viewing, digital readout of the blade angle, position, and a reminder light to change the blade.....Don't forget the replacement aloe strips that go on the silo doors..... :tongue_sm

If you look at Bed Bath and Beyond, the Gillette blades are something like $7 for 10, so that's already a bargain waiting to be exploited! :w00t:

Now THAT'S improvement!

i started shaving in the '50s and Gillette practically gave their razors away and relied on the continual blade replacement buying to make their money. i love my vintage slim adjustable and i don't think Gillette could make anything with that quality that's economical.

there's always a plan B

Top Bottom