What's new

Imaginary Authors recommendations

I found that their fragrances cover a whole different style of scents - I got samples and ordered Bulls Blood and Slow Explosions which to me were their boldest scents .
Others I didn't care to much for .
Good quality all round though .
My advice would be try before you buy. . One mans meat is another mans fish .

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
A City on Fire is interesting, as long as you want to smell like a burnt match. I know that doesn't sound attractive, but there was something about it that drew my interest (although not enough to go beyond the sample).

Memoirs of a Trespasser is lovely, although in the same ballpark as Eau des Baux.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
+1 on getting some samples. The last time I looked (a while ago) you could order a pick-and-choose set of samples.

I recommend The Cobra And The Canary. Bull's Blood is also a frequently-mentioned favourite of folks.

I am a bug fan of IA. But no reason not to try before you buy. I really like Falling Into the Sea, one of the best beach scents. I agree that Cobra and the Canary is unique and excellent. Bulls Blood is popular. So is Memoirs. I am fond of Soft Lawn for the jasmine. I do not like City on Fire, but I do not like burned wood scents. The discontinued Orchid Terrible is my wife's favorite cologne. Mine, too, on her. Josh is one of the nicest guys ever! A skilled nose.

They're really nice fragrances, but many seem to be love or hate. I'd get a short story collection, I found I loved about half of it. Really enjoyed Whispered Myths, Bulls Blood and Every Storm a Serenade. A lot of the others were very interesting and unique, but not something I'd see myself wearing every day. Def won't find a lot of fragrances using scents of tennis balls and asphalt, so gotta respect them doing something different!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Do any of you guys have fragrances that you recommend by this maker?
Make up a sample pack of those most frequently recommended by others here, and of those the sound of which most pique your interest.

Good luck!

Top Bottom