What's new

I'm Stumped

I don't think that's a chicken. Looks more like a turkey to me with the fancy tail feathers. I did a little sleuthing during my commute. Unfortunately Google is infested with a cheap modern knockoff razor company when you search for "turkey straight razor".

A turkey straight razor is not what I need!

With +90 percent certainty that razor is made in Solingen in the 1880's or late 1870's. It was the standard Solingen export razor model of that time. There were literally hundreds of different razors brands in Solingen back then. The names of most brands are lost, even if some like ERN still are known. Here are three from the "museum" part of my collection.

View attachment 1022124

Wow! Beautiful.

Thanks, that's the logo. I'm not familiar with HTHYO, though.

HTHYO = hope that helps you out. :001_smile As far as looking for history, now you have a name to go with so search away on the net and see what you can find. I like finding info on older items.

Larry

I just found a picture of a straight razor that completely baffles me - as does most straight razor stuff. I've just never seen one like this. Anyone know about it?

Thanks,
Rick

Here you go here is the logo and you are going to be in for a shock

Now for the best bit it is a Robert Klaas

1983 Acquisition of the make "Hahn und Henne" or "Hen & Rooster"
proxy.php
the former Bertram company. All products of the

brand "Hahn und Henne" enjoy the world, particularly in the United States have the

best reputation as a quality label for excellent quality "Made in Solingen".

Building a partnership with the firm Frost Cutlery, Chattanooga, Tennessee. To date, they are sold to the "**** and hen" pocket knife in the U.S. exclusively by this company.

The info can be found here

hope this helps

Here you go here is the logo and you are going to be in for a shock

Now for the best bit it is a Robert Klaas

1983 Acquisition of the make "Hahn und Henne" or "Hen & Rooster"
proxy.php
the former Bertram company. All products of the

brand "Hahn und Henne" enjoy the world, particularly in the United States have the

best reputation as a quality label for excellent quality "Made in Solingen".

Building a partnership with the firm Frost Cutlery, Chattanooga, Tennessee. To date, they are sold to the "**** and hen" pocket knife in the U.S. exclusively by this company.

The info can be found here

hope this helps

Definitely helps, thank Ice-Man.

Top Bottom