What's new

I'm shocked, shocked (Sharked?) I tell you.

So today, just for the halibut, I decided to try one of the Shark super stainless I've had in my stash for ages (along with the chrome and platinums). Loaded it up in my Razorock SLOC and proceeded to have a damn fine shave, quite possibly my best to date. Considering all the disparaging comments about these blades this really goes to show YMMV. Since I was already in an experimental mood I decided to try my Merkur Futur along my jawline. That's one of the spots that give me trouble along with my neck. I've used the Futur maybe twice since I bought the thing. Anyhow, I set it on 3 and damned if it didn't shave my jaw perfectly smooth in one pass! Guess I'll keep it after all.

I too got similar experience with the Shark Super Chrome blades, they paired very well with the Lupo 95, in fact the blade sang.

I loved them but they seem to be moody blades, ie they pair well with some razors while performing average with others.

Shark Super Chrome blade performed OK with the Game Changer 84 Open Comb and Meh with the RazoRock BBS razor.

So for me, Shark SC blades are a good match with more efficient razors.

They surpassed the quality of the shave from:

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Laser Ultra
Gillette Winner
Statum
Wilkinson Sword (India)
Gillette 7 O'clock Green (India)

So yeah, they are good blades for me and at the price they are available sometimes, it may be an absolute steal.

I too got similar experience with the Shark Super Chrome blades, they paired very well with the Lupo 95, in fact the blade sang.

I loved them but they seem to be moody blades, ie they pair well with some razors while performing average with others.

Shark Super Chrome blade performed OK with the Game Changer 84 Open Comb and Meh with the RazoRock BBS razor.

Laser Ultra
Gillette Winner
Statum
Wilkinson Sword (India)

So yeah, they are good blades for me and at the price they are available sometimes, it may be an absolute steal.
If you have the possibility try them in a FOCS, the worked great for me. After Shark Week I rank them SC good, SS usable, Platinum 😕

Laser Ultra
Gillette Winner
Statum
Wilkinson Sword (India)

That's great info, thanks!

Feather mental image:

1626878081696.jpeg

Shark mental image:

images.jpeg-3.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I also enjoyed shaving with a Silver Star blade for a couple of shaves. Had a tuck of those from a sampler pack. There were a few Lord tucks in that pack...different kinds. Will definitely give them a spin.

A classic example of YMMV. BIC blades do not work for me at all, but others like them. I'm glad the Shark blades work for you. For me, they're average.

Nice! I also have some sharks in a variety pack that I havent tried yet. I will try them next after this thread.
They were a little aggressive for me. Although it's hard to say if it's me or the blade because im sure my technique is still crap. But getting better!

They were a little aggressive for me. Although it's hard to say if it's me or the blade because im sure my technique is still crap. But getting better!

All in good time -- I found it to be a fairly steep learning curve.

It's a shame that you just missed out on Shark Week!!
Shark Week was my first experience with Sharks but it won’t be my last. One week is a short time to really evaluate three different blades (Platinum, Chrome and Stainless). My overall opinion after one week is that these blades are sharp and smooth. My preference after a brief trial is 1) Stainless 2) Platinum 3) Chrome.

Top Bottom