What's new

I'm shocked! No threads on hair restoration!

I understand that this is a shaving forum and that means hair removal, BUT, haven't any of you attempted to restore your receeding hairline? There are chemical solutions being promoted out there which I tried a long time agom and they didn't work for me, plus they have the downside that you must continue to use them for the rest of your life or your hairline reverts back to its natural state. But what about laser therapy like the Capillus cap? The cost of this unit is absolutely insane, but has anyone tried it or anything else which has worked for them? Inquiring minds want to know....and I do too!

...haven't any of you attempted to restore your receeding hairline?

Nope! Once it start to thin out on top, I went to the hairdresser and had them shave it all off with electric clippers - zero guard. A few days later I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a $25 electric clippers. I shave my head every Sunday to keep the sides and back nice and short. I've gone through 2-3 clippers, but still come out ahead. I told myself long ago that I wouldn't do the comb-over like my Dad.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It looks like most guys around here don't care too much what they look like above the nose!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Never even considered it.
I either hit what’s left with clippers with #1 guard or no guard.
Now and then I simply shave it off; especially during the month of October.
My wife hates it but she loves me and accepts the fact that I will not do a comb over nor will I color what’s left of my hair.

Not me. Head shaving is what brought me to DEs. Everyone I know thinks I look better this way than I did with a full head of hair.

I understand that this is a shaving forum and that means hair removal, BUT, haven't any of you attempted to restore your receeding hairline? There are chemical solutions being promoted out there which I tried a long time agom and they didn't work for me, plus they have the downside that you must continue to use them for the rest of your life or your hairline reverts back to its natural state. But what about laser therapy like the Capillus cap? The cost of this unit is absolutely insane, but has anyone tried it or anything else which has worked for them? Inquiring minds want to know....and I do too!
You look like you should have posted this several years ago, just kidding as I'm 60 and my hair is pretty thin. A haircut does some good for me as the shorter it is the neater it appears but it's still thin. And that Capillus cap is most likely a big ripoff, I would have to have absolute proof that it works for that price and i don't see it. Amazing that modern pharma doesn't have something that grows hair, yea, propecia and minoxidil, but I'm looking for something simple and effective.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
If I had 50k or so I didn't know what to do with I'd probably talk to the folks at Bosley, short of that I roll with the punches.

Yeah, mine's thinning and it is extremely fine hair to begin with, so that compounds the issue. I'm not into comb overs so keeping it cut fairly short allows what's left to look neater. No way I would go $50 thousand at someplace like Bosley Is that what they really charge?), And the current drug alternatives require a lifetime commitment to the use of their product to maintain the hair you've restored. Monoxidal didn't do anything for me in the short time that I tried it. I, too, would have to see a lot of proof that the Capillus cap does any good.

Any number of years ago I decided to go back to my roots and let my hair grow until t started falling out, then I’d cut it short. Well, I’m now sixty five and my hair is down to my waist.

Could you post a picture and could you share some of your hair with those of us less fortunate? LOL

Could you post a picture and could you share some of your hair with those of us less fortunate? LOL
This picture is about five years old.
37574874-8C89-47C6-BCAE-A8FC694132F6.jpeg

Is that really you or is that your wife? That's some head of hair! I'm really jealous...and so is my wife! LOL
Women in their 60s and 70s are always approaching me to say “I love your hair”. When you think about it, all the Woodstock “chicks” are in their 70’s now.

Top Bottom