What's new

I'm ready to order my first expensive razor, help me make a decision!!

I think Oh No.. would be a better response than Oh Man! LOL!!

Nope. 😎

Joining Welcome Home GIF

This message board should be called RAED: Razor Aquisition Enablers’ Den

Indeed. I just ordered a Yates 921 M with H plate option; couldn't resist the 15% off Memorial Day sale.

ProductSKUPriceQuantityTotal
YPM x Spaceman Leather Travel Case
$60.001$60.00
Model 921-M Double Edge Safety Razor with Mid-Level Plate, StonewashedYPM-RAZ-921M-316SS-SW$140.001$140.00
921-H “High Level” Baseplate - 316 Stainless / Stonewash
$37.001$37.00
Subtotal$237.00
HONOR
-$35.55
Shipping (Priority Mail)$10.25
Total$211.70 USD

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
In other news:
As you all might know, Tatara is coming out with titanium razors. And the Nodachi was one of the ones on my short list.
Well, they sent out an email yesterday morning to everyone that's registered with them in order to sign up. Since I don't have a titanium razor, I decided to put myself on the list for a titanium Nodachi. They will only be making 100 limited edition titanium Nodachi's on the first run and they should be ready in June. I imagine that the list was based on first come first serve.
I registered immediately upon receiving the email so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get one.
I know it's a blind purchase without ever trying or seeing one but that's ok. I'd like a titanium razor + I wanted a Nodachi so it seems like an ok deal for me.
We'll see if one ends up in my den!

WOW LRod, you really are going in blind! I am crossing my fingers that it all goes well. How much are the titanium Nodachi's costing in comparison to the TT?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Indeed. I just ordered a Yates 921 M with H plate option; couldn't resist the 15% off Memorial Day sale.

$60.001$60.00
Model 921-M Double Edge Safety Razor with Mid-Level Plate, StonewashedYPM-RAZ-921M-316SS-SW$140.001$140.00
$37.001$37.00
Subtotal$237.00
HONOR
-$35.55
Total$211.70 USD

The cost of the razor doesn't phaze me at all believe it or not, I just put down more then that for a polished and engraved TT with stand alone. What phazes me, is how much they charged you for the case! 😲

$60.001$60.00
$37.001$37.00
Subtotal$237.00
HONOR
-$35.55
Total$211.70 USD
Nice!!
I saw the coupon and looked at the exact setup that you ordered.
I actually was able to resist, LOL!!
But only because of what I already spent this week, if not I would have bought it for sure!

WOW LRod, you really are going in blind! I am crossing my fingers that it all goes well. How much are the titanium Nodachi's costing in comparison to the TT?
The titanium is about $320 and the stainless is $160 (twice the cost). And shipping from Portugal is like $10-$25.
If I get one and don't like it, I'll put it up for sale, so no big deal. Hopefully I like it though, LOL!!

Last edited:
I was hoping my feeble attempts of describing the Windsor turned out to be fairly accurate for you. It's not a ton of blade feel but enough to feel and shave comfortably and efficiently.....more than some of the other razors your were considering but less than say the Blackbird. Definitely blade forward, yet comfy.
I forgot to ask you, what blade(s) do you favor in the Windsor?

I forgot to ask you, what blade(s) do you favor in the Windsor?
I usually use Astra Green SP and Blue Stainless, 7'oclock Platinum, Nacet, Lord Platinum, Rapira Swedish Super Steel, and Bolzano in my Windsor. I have others I haven't tried yet. It doesn't seem too picky about blades. The only blade that seems less than stellar is the Wizamet for some reason.

I usually use Astra Green SP and Blue Stainless, 7'oclock Platinum, Nacet, Lord Platinum, Rapira Swedish Super Steel, and Bolzano in my Windsor. I have others I haven't tried yet. It doesn't seem too picky about blades. The only blade that seems less than stellar is the Wizamet for some reason.
Cool! I have a few from your list that I'll try. I want to experiment in order to dial in the smoothness factor.

$60.001$60.00
$37.001$37.00
Subtotal$237.00
HONOR
-$35.55
Total$211.70 USD
I am so jealous! youll have to let me know how you like it once you get it. I am very tempted to get one but I want to wait to get a short handle.

I found the same with the Wizamet in the Windsor. Far from my favorite.

I'm gonna have to reassess my Bic blade use on this razor. And darnit because I just received 100 of them a couple weeks ago, LOL!!
I just shaved using and Astra Green and Lord I got the closest shave I've ever had (literally). Unbelievable!
Compared to yesterdays Bic blade shave that was really good, this one was off the charts. I did my normal 2 pass WTG/XTG and I can barely feel anything. I'm about 2% away from BBS!
One thing though, today I had a bath & then shave sequence which prepped my shave correctly.
Yesterday was a quick hot water splash & shave.

I'm gonna have to reassess my Bic blade use on this razor. And darnit because I just received 100 of them a couple weeks ago, LOL!!
I just shaved using and Astra Green and Lord I got the closest shave I've ever had (literally). Unbelievable!
Compared to yesterdays Bic blade shave that was really good, this one was off the charts. I did my normal 2 pass WTG/XTG and I can barely feel anything. I'm about 2% away from BBS!
One thing though, today I had a bath & then shave sequence which prepped my shave correctly.
Yesterday was a quick hot water splash & shave.
Astras work really well in the Windsor. Sounds like they work for you as well......nice. Never really cared for Bic blades. They always seem rough to me.

Top Bottom