What's new

I'm ready to order my first expensive razor, help me make a decision!!

Feather blades I find a big plus too..super sharp. I`m a Kiwi located in Tokyo so are lucky to be able to buy domestic produced red Japanese packaged feathers here which seem to be sharper (in my own opinion) than the ones sold outside Japan. I reckon a 80% part of great shave is prep and lather mind you!
I can't imagine Feather blades being any sharper than they already are, Lol!!
I've seen those red label ones available here in the states but they're very expensive. I actually thought they were the same. I'm gonna have to try them out sometime since I do like Feather blades on some of my razors.

Well, all this talk about the ATT Windsor had me pulling mine out this morning for a shave. I haven't used it in a while as I've been experimenting with some newer acquisitions lately. Had a very pleasant, close, efficient shave. The Windsor SSRH is a very good razor.....I need to use it more often. Smooth, with some blade feel that lets you know it's doing its thing.

@LRod hope you like your new razor when it arrives. I have a feeling you will....:biggrin1:

0997821D-C8E5-4E5F-8367-E05F6B4C00E4_1_201_a.jpeg

Well, all this talk about the ATT Windsor had me pulling mine out this morning for a shave. I haven't used it in a while as I've been experimenting with some newer acquisitions lately. Had a very pleasant, close, efficient shave. The Windsor SSRH is a very good razor.....I need to use it more often. Smooth, with some blade feel that lets you know it's doing its thing.

@LRod hope you like your new razor when it arrives. I have a feeling you will....:biggrin1:

View attachment 1462226
Nice! It's arrived at FedEx office and will be picking it up after work today!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

View attachment 1462226

Your getting a like because of those delicious Stirling products I see in your photo, this I like to see. Very nice! Plus, don't you just love the value of soap you get for the money on Stirling? Gotta love that!

View attachment 1462226
What's the blue on the head of the Windsor?
Is that a reflection?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

View attachment 1462226
Me too! I haven't used my ATT SE1 in over a year, forgot just what a "Big Dog" razor it is, fantastic shave!
20220525_205728[1].jpg

~doug~

Thanks for this comparison. I am looking at the Yates vs. Nodachi. So you are comparing the Yates with the H plate to the full Nodachi (top and base plate) and say the Yates 921-H has more blade feel than the full Nodachi? Does the 921-M have the same blade feel to the full Nodachi or does it have less blade feel than the Nodachi? I am leaning towards less blade feel but more efficient at the moment but efficient is more important of the two. I like my Feather AS-D2 for efficient with not a lot of blade feel (for a reference). I don't mind getting both M and H plates. I also have been reading about the Musamune top cap and the Nodachi base plate. Thanks!
An important thing to know about the Yates razor is that it favors a very steep angle. Personally, I like shallow-angle razors, so for me the Yates was a no-go from the outset. It shaved fine, but I don't enjoy shaving with a steep angle.

If you are a shallow-angle shaver like myself, you should probably avoid the Yates. I have never tried the Masamune, but from what I have read I think it would suit me better.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
That looks fantastic! I assume that handle is one that you made? Haven't seen one like that before, but it looks sharp.
Thanks, yes I make the LHF handles on my Sherline miniature lathe.
Nice!! Thought about trying the SE1. Have you shaved with any other SE for comparison?
I have a Bullet Tip, an MMOC, and a couple of E2 Schick injectors I use on occasion. The SE1 is the boss of them.
I am, looking at a Vector...:popc:

~doug~

This was in the box:
My pictures stink and they don't do it justice. It's stunningly beautiful and everything that I was expecting.
I now understand what makes an expensive razor, expensive!
The overall quality, weight, feel and finish is top shelf!
I hope it shaves as good as it looks. I'll be giving it a go tonight!:)

att1.jpg
att2.jpg
att3.jpg
att4.jpg
att5.jpg
att6.jpg
att7.jpg

This was in the box:
My pictures stink and they don't do it justice. It's stunningly beautiful and everything that I was expecting.

View attachment 1462407View attachment 1462409View attachment 1462410View attachment 1462412View attachment 1462411View attachment 1462406

Awesome!!! They do make top shelf gear. Hope your first shave is super. Use a light touch as the razor is hefty.

Congratulations! Looks great!

You do get accustomed to the weight, I use the colossus or calypso XL handle with mine. I’ve preferred heavy razors for quite a while but my preference may be changing since my Timeless Ti .95 is half the weight of my preferred ATT setup. But I still like both.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Guess what's in that box?😍

View attachment 1462372

Ohhhhhh, I know whats in the box, its an Above The Tie, and that aint no lie. Unbox that razor, its cooler then a Star Trek Phazor!

This was in the box:

View attachment 1462407View attachment 1462409View attachment 1462410View attachment 1462412View attachment 1462411View attachment 1462406View attachment 1462408

Yes yes yes, I love all the sexy pictures! 😍

Behold, for you have a windsor! With thy razor, shall wield the greatest whisker reduction you've ever seen, and you shall prove thus fourth this day, it was worth all the green! 💸

Congratulations LRod! WOOHOO! :thumbup:

Let us know how much you love it, cause you know, your gonna love it HEHE 😝

Top Bottom