What's new

I’m not embarrassed to say,

Wow. Just Wow!
Got the blades and popped them into 3 test razors. I am just stunned at how well these shaved.
Basic 2 pass and pretty much BBS.
I’m a believer.
AB3D8AE2-3B35-4305-A63A-4A6956DE5DB2.jpeg
F4AB1ECD-4FDB-4BE5-B65A-78EF79DFBA73.jpeg
FC89E59C-A41B-4BDF-9710-0C3A29082D81.jpeg
CAECEA37-6253-40C9-A543-7B83E186900C.jpeg
C567F992-DBA0-4AA3-AEB3-1AE2A460013C.jpeg
C9A280CC-1C51-400B-9CAD-A99F86B3819B.jpeg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Wow. Just Wow!
Got the blades and popped them into 3 test razors. I am just stunned at how well these shaved.
I’m a believer.
View attachment 1224135View attachment 1224136View attachment 1224137View attachment 1224138View attachment 1224139View attachment 1224140
Yep, there are a LOT of DE shavers that try SE and then never look back. I still use my DE's from time to time; but if I were forced to choose a razor, it would likely be one of the ones you have....or a Micromatic....or an injector...okay, it would DEFINITELY be an SE. Congrats on 3 great razors!!!

Wow. Just Wow!
I’m a believer.
View attachment 1224135View attachment 1224136View attachment 1224137View attachment 1224138View attachment 1224139View attachment 1224140
You've got some real shave stuff there. We are fortunate and should be so grateful that these fantastic shave blades are still being manufactured along side those paint scraping blades, which bring such fantastic shaving tools back to life after nearly a century of being obsolescence . The joy of experiencing their awesome shave capability would have been lost with the last shave quality gem blades made decades ago and these would be mere trinkets for decoration in the modern hobbyist shave dens !

The ER 1924 model you're holding is currently my all time favorite shave razor DE or SE ! Phenomenal shaves and have gone to almost 30 shaves on a single GEM PTFE blade

Yep, there are a LOT of DE shavers that try SE and then never look back. I still use my DE's from time to time; but if I were forced to choose a razor, it would likely be one of the ones you have....or a Micromatic....or an injector...okay, it would DEFINITELY be an SE. Congrats on 3 great razors!!!
Yeah, I always thought “paint scraper blade razor” how good can that be.
Next day no stubble ( couple spots I missed) but this is straight razor territory but safer.

Flintstone65

Okay @mycarver, now I'm confused. I thought those 3 razors you showed were your first/only 3 SE razors....clearly I was mistaken. Very nice collection. Got a favorite?

Though I have a quite large shaving collection ( don’t wanna see the straights , Gillette’s etc)! I have never used any of the SE razors. So as of now I can’t really say which is a
favorite.

Flintstone65

Though I have a quite large shaving collection ( don’t wanna see the straights , Gillette’s etc)! I have never used any of the SE razors. So as of now I can’t really say which is a
favorite.
Oh wow, I envy your journey -- having done a similar one. Now that you've got some great blades, it'll be great to hear how you like your various SE's.

I've started shaving with vintage GEM razors a few months ago and I really like them. I have two MMOC and one clog pruf and they shave great. The clog pruf feels to me like it's almost impossible to cut myself and it's the perfect mid range razor for every day shaving, while the MMOC is more like a razor for +3 days of growth, but with a bit of practice and without pushing a blade more than it should, it's not impossible to be used as a daily shaver as well.

Yes I will. But I think I’ll have to limit it to 1 pass to have something for the next day. Haha!
Again, wow. I expect this from a straight shave.
My DE’s weren’t this close regardless
what razor or blade I used

The other side of the SE coin is blade longevity compared to DE. If you don't get at least 10 good shaves out of one, it's a dud.

That 1914 Little Lather Catcher, the one that says "Lift Here" on the cap, is about as good as you can get in the vintage SE universe. Puts the rest to shame, and I include the MMOC in that assessment.

Top Bottom