What's new

Im new, and dont know anything...

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Get an Omega boar hair brush and a tub of Proraso soap. I think you’ll like that combo as they are solid performers!
+1
An Omega 10066 boar for under $10 is a great starting brush, Proraso is a right of passage for a good reason.
I need some advise on equipment and product!

To add to that, I would like to acquire a few vintage shavers... I just think they look great! What I am considering is a Gillette Red Tip and Gillette Fat Boy.

Outside of those, does anyone have any thoughts or advise? I know this is a super loaded first post, but figure I might as well jump in head first:)
Your Weishi razor gets a lot of good reviews, so do the Gillette Red Tip and Gillette Fat Boy.
Simply because I don't care for adjustable razors, my advice would be the Gillette Red Tip, because I have one and it is my favorite Gillette TTO.

The Red Tip is considered to be one of the most aggressive of the Super Speed razors. The Fat Boy, being adjustable, can be dialed to a more aggressive setting.

Because you have already stated that you are gonna roll with what you have for a bit, my advice is to check out the General Shaving Discussion area, it is a great place to peruse for advice on upgrading what you already have.

Be forewarned, there are enablers there and it is a VERY DEEP rabbit hole............

Take care and enjoy your shaves!

Welcome to B&B.
To add to that, I would like to acquire a few vintage shavers... I just think they look great! What I am considering is a Gillette Red Tip and Gillette Fat Boy.
Those Gillettes' are both good razors; maybe also consider a slim adjustable as there are more of those around.
Perhaps get a blade sampler to find your preferred blades.
From what I hear the Weishi 9306 is a good razor but work on technique before starting to look at other razors.
Try Proraso or Cella soap as a starting point; both great soaps and very popular.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am not entirely new (only a few years in) and don't know much more. One thing I am coming to realize is that there is no reason to rush things. I felt like I was getting good shaves and was enjoying myself but decided to slow down and do a focused lather of my soap last night. All told, the shave didn't take much longer, but I got much better lather and ended up getting the best shave I have had in a while.

One of the things I enjoy about wet shaving is it forces me to take some time out of my day for me. I don't have to worry about my job, my dog, house projects, or what I need to take care of. I just need to avoid cutting myself, maybe smell some nice smells, and end up less hairy than I was before. When I get overconfident, I run into problems or get less great shaves than I should/can. There is no prize for the fastest shaver when you are alone at the sink and taking time to do things right makes each minute more enjoyable and the end product better.

This all ties in with learning your equipment and getting into a groove with things. Enjoy the journey and welcome.
Very well put.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
There’s a lot of variables! Skin types, coarse or fine hair, aggressive or mild razors, daily shavers, every few day shavers, solid bar, open comb, slant, lower end zamak, higher end brass or stainless, prep, Lathers, synthetic brushes, different grades of badger or boar brushes, after shave products, blades, angles and technique, Your in the right place to get good info and advice.
Lol, and enablement, don't forget that!

Top Bottom