What's new

I'm Never Sick

Except now. Day 4 of fever. Work deadline on Friday. I'm not complaining since I'm never sick. I'm more just whining.

Thanks. After looking on the internet it appears I have smallpox. The last time I was significantly ill, as in full blown flu symptoms, was 18 years ago so I really can't complain.

Hopefully you're all back to normal now.

I would periodically get the flu when I was grade school through high school and it would put me down for days at a time. I haven't had the flu since graduating high school in the late 70's and I don't know if it's because I'm lucky or I've built up an immunity to it, but either way I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Thanks. After looking on the internet it appears I have smallpox. The last time I was significantly ill, as in full blown flu symptoms, was 18 years ago so I really can't complain.

If it is smallpox I would suggest getting your affairs in order as I strongly suspect the local quacks--er I mean doctors--will be unable to treat it, indeed are likely to not be able to recognize it. If it is merely a fever I would prescribe a screwdriver and a bowl of matzo ball soup and bed rest.

Hope you feel better. Had a friend about 40 years old maybe 10 years ago who said his head was killing him. He had a bad headache and said it was the first time he ever experienced pain. His wife and I who have dealt with pain most of our lives had little sympathy and said welcome to the club. He has more empathy now. Again hope you get over it soon.

Thanks everyone. Had a fever for 4 days but now I'm back to normal. It sure feels good to feel good.

I used to say this. But then a bit of arm pain started while I was exercising. So I found a doc in December, finally. Two angiograms later, and another to be scheduled, I no longer can say that. I'm sick.

Take care of yourself, now or later (if you're lucky).

Top Bottom