What's new

I'm looking for a good brush to use for MS system, CAR products.

I started using the CAR products this week and like them quite a bit, but after reading several threads it seems I'm missing is a larger "bucket", "gutter" brush.

I don't think I can bring myself to buy a CAR brush after reading Joel's treads regarding them. Does anyone have any suggestions on something else, maybe less than $100.

CraigK

CraigK said:
I started using the CAR products this week and like them quite a bit, but after reading several threads it seems I'm missing is a larger "bucket", "gutter" brush.

I don't think I can bring myself to buy a CAR brush after reading Joel's treads regarding them. Does anyone have any suggestions on something else, maybe less than $100.

CraigK

Without question, get a Savile Row SR12T. The SR8T would work as well, however the larger knot on the 12 will be amazing for method shaving. I played around making method-shave lather with Nicks SR12T when we were in the process of filiming the video and I got BETTER results with the SR12T than with my Simpson Polo 12 Super!! The SR12T is under $100 to boot! I HIGHLY recommend! The tortoise handle also adds a nice touch... much better looking than the shedmaster!

After reading the latest sales pitch from Austin, it really depends on the method of Method Shaving you've chosen to invest in.
If you are going to be a high velocity shaver, nothing but a shedmaster will do (unique in the world for its special performance, shape, and other desireable characteristics).. If you are going for the classical (low velocity?) I think there was a list at the Austin site identifying brushes suitable for the needs of the system. I was surprised that not all of them were over $300, but they were all Simpsons (overcome by high velocity?). The gutters and breaches were especially suited for glacis handling as no others...
I really think Joel could be convinced to part with his shedmaster for a mere pittance. Then again, YMMV..

joel said:
Without question, get a Savile Row SR12T. The SR8T would work as well, however the larger knot on the 12 will be amazing for method shaving. I played around making method-shave lather with Nicks SR12T when we were in the process of filiming the video and I got BETTER results with the SR12T than with my Simpson Polo 12 Super!! The SR12T is under $100 to boot! I HIGHLY recommend! The tortoise handle also adds a nice touch... much better looking than the shedmaster!

I went with your suggestion, found one on the net for $69.95 which seems like a great price. But this may be a Pure Badger model.

CraigK

CraigK said:
I went with your suggestion, found one on the net for $69.95 which seems like a great price. But this may be a Pure Badger model.

CraigK

I'd probably go with the "super" model - however I cannot comment on the efficacy of the "pure" model as I have not used it, however in my opinion the "super" is outstanding!

Top Bottom