What's new

I’m looking for a citrus after shave recommendation

I like to use Thayers lemon witch hazel toner after a citrus soap shave and before a citrus AS.

I just used Fine Aquamarine this am. It is definitely citrus forward, with a light marine and sandalwood based....at least to me :)

QUOTE="JCarr, post: 10749416, member: 127338"]
Thomas Tew. Good one!
[/QUOTE]

I have Thomas Tew soap and AS, it has a nice orange scent but it's mostly alcohol, too much for me.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
4711 cologne is my regular aftershave. As others have noted, it does not last. I view that as a plus. Citrus scents I have used include the original Eau Sauvage (which I view as a timeless classic and find lasts a bit longer), St. John's Lime (Very pure lime scent) and Caswell Massey verbena, which reminded me of making lemonade. The CM may not be available any more. Both Eau Sauvage and St. John's lime are available as cologne splashes and as aftershaves. I prefer to use the colognes as aftershaves. The scents hold up better and they feel cleaner and less sticky, a consideration in hot weather.

Another vote for Lucky Tiger. It has a light citrus scent- I think tangerine. Doesn’t hang around but pleasant to use.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
4711 cologne is my regular aftershave. As others have noted, it does not last. I view that as a plus. Citrus scents I have used include the original Eau Sauvage (which I view as a timeless classic and find lasts a bit longer), St. John's Lime (Very pure lime scent) and Caswell Massey verbena, which reminded me of making lemonade. The CM may not be available any more. Both Eau Sauvage and St. John's lime are available as cologne splashes and as aftershaves. I prefer to use the colognes as aftershaves. The scents hold up better and they feel cleaner and less sticky, a consideration in hot weather.
Good to know about 4711. The lime version just doesn't last more than a few minutes. Ive taken to over application but im just burning thru it. The lime cologne doesn't last much longer either. I still like the scent and performance but its got no legs.

Top Bottom