What's new

I'm HeartBroken

I've never had a lot of luck on eBay but when a nice looking razor came up for sale overseas I put in an offer and to my surprise the buyer accepted. Usually it's offer declined, or counters to an insanely high price. I was so happy I couldn't believe it. So 2 weeks go by, then 3 and now almost 4 and I start getting worried is it lost, did customs steal it? Well it arrived today and I let out a sigh of relief only briefly. Upon unwrapping it and finally holding it in my hands I knew right away it was messed up, likely dropped and bent sometime long ago. To fix it, its going to cost almost as much as I paid for it. Waiting to hear back from the seller as I hate being in this sort of situation.

My favorite Aristocrat razor fell off of a collapsed shelf once, so I have been there! It looked almost okay, but it wouldn't open. My heart goes out to you!

Can you show us a picture? What model is it? Maybe someone here can help in some way?

My favorite Aristocrat razor fell off of a collapsed shelf once, so I have been there! It looked almost okay, but it wouldn't open. My heart goes out to you!

Can you show us a picture? What model is it? Maybe someone here can help in some way?
I'm waiting on the sellers response first but if we can work something out to repair it and not have to send it back overseas I will gladly post photos.

Dalejr sorry this happened to you. I have to say though that I've bought many razors on ebay and only once did I get a dog. One flare tip super speed had badly misaligned doors. Probably from a drop. But I've bought a slim, a fatboy, other superspeeds, and several techs that were all as advertised and functionally perfect. It's just luck of the draw I guess.

Man I’m sorry. It’s why I swore off eBay. But then you hear all these guys here saying and showing off the great thing they got and I lose all resolve and the cycle starts over.

I’ve never been lucky on eBay. Never.

I recently bought a razor of eBay that arrived with the handle bent and the doors misaligned. The TTO would not work. I took a picture of the broken razor and stated the padded envelope had not protected the razor in transit. I might have had to have a discussion, but the photos was undeniable.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I feel for you. Been in the same predicament. Hopefully the seller will come good. Sometimes they just don’t know how to pack things up safely.

Been there too. Had to threaten a lousy review on eBay and start a PayPal dispute to get it resolved. I saw an immaculate GEM 1912 on eBay. The razor I received looked nothing like the photo in the ad. I returned the razor but the cost to send it back to Canada was outrageous.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I feel for ya. I am currently trying to get paid from USPS for a lost ABC comb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear it. I've generally had good luck with eBay, but I have received a half dozen or so razors (mostly Fat Boys) that were damaged and unusable. Some I've sent back, and some I've asked for a discount from the seller. All the ones I kept took a trip to see CAP, and they are good as new. Best of luck to you for a positive resolution.

It sounds like the seller was not honest about the condition of the razor. I’ve sold things on eBay over the years, but I’ve always been honest about the condition and was sure to point out any issues with the items. A decent seller should provide you with refund, even if only part.

I've never had a lot of luck on eBay but when a nice looking razor came up for sale overseas I put in an offer and to my surprise the buyer accepted. Usually it's offer declined, or counters to an insanely high price. I was so happy I couldn't believe it. So 2 weeks go by, then 3 and now almost 4 and I start getting worried is it lost, did customs steal it? Well it arrived today and I let out a sigh of relief only briefly. Upon unwrapping it and finally holding it in my hands I knew right away it was messed up, likely dropped and bent sometime long ago. To fix it, its going to cost almost as much as I paid for it. Waiting to hear back from the seller as I hate being in this sort of situation.

What razor did you buy, and what exactly is wrong?

Top Bottom