What's new

I'm Going Crazy With Shave Sticks

So I have a problem... I can't get enough of shave sticks. I bought the DR Harris Arlington, and La Toja sticks at Imperial Shaving in OH, a few months ago. They are so handy, easy to store and I face lather anyway so it is great. I just ordered the Mama Bear Spellbound Woods and Synergy Cavendish scents for winter soaps. I may get the DR Harris Marlborough haven't decided yet. I just wish WM Nuemann and Co made their products lines in a stick. I also got some sample from Stirling. However, they don't come in sticks either.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I just picked up Arko and Speick and I would love to pick up Valobra soon, too. I have Harris in a puck and it's wonderful soap. I am right there with you on the shave stick awesomeness. I really like how efficient it is. No need to load the brush, because I'm loading my face instead which is easier to gauge when I've used as much as I want.

I used a De Vergulde Hand stick this morning. Very different from Arko (but equally cheap) but a great lather. DVH can take lots of water without going thin!

You have to try the Wilkinson Sword stick.
It's what turned my back to the shave stick .

I've tried a few and never really liked them (except for Palmolive, which is awesome).

The Wilkinson Sword has become a favourite of mine.

Honeybee has sticks--I love Cherry Pipe Tobacco, but she has any scent you could ever want. She also sells containers, so you could shred a puck and make your own sticks.

I also like QEDman shave sticks--Bathtub Gin is a favorite.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I love shave sticks, too! I always bring a stick with me when travelling and at home I alternate between pucks and sticks. My favourite are La Toja, Valobra, Palmolive and Lea.

So I have a problem... I can't get enough of shave sticks. I bought the DR Harris Arlington, and La Toja sticks at Imperial Shaving in OH, a few months ago. They are so handy, easy to store and I face lather anyway so it is great. I just ordered the Mama Bear Spellbound Woods and Synergy Cavendish scents for winter soaps. I may get the DR Harris Marlborough haven't decided yet. I just wish WM Nuemann and Co made their products lines in a stick. I also got some sample from Stirling. However, they don't come in sticks either.

* You can use any empty deodorant container that has a turning mechanism/lever to push upwards and you can put any soap in there and have your own shave-stick form that brand. It is quite simple to do and they work, brilliantly!

You have to try the Wilkinson Sword stick.
It's what turned my back to the shave stick .

I've tried a few and never really liked them (except for Palmolive, which is awesome).

The Wilkinson Sword has become a favourite of mine.

Marc, being in the land of Timmies, where have you been able to find Wilkinson Sword sticks? Did you have to get them from a non-Canadian online source? Just curious. I'd rather not have to deal with customs delays and the like if I don't have to.

I just made a Stirling shave stick. Stirling soaps are so soft that you can break off pieces or scrape of slivers with a butter knife and press them firmly into a twist-up tube. I've done this with various RazoRocks, Jabonman and MWF. And they all work superbly. There is really no need to limit yourself to only those soaps that are commercially available as sticks. Shaving sticks are a fantastic way to ensure that you have enough soap on your face.

Last edited:
+1 on the Wilkinson stick. I bought it in Germany this summer and it really leaves my face very moisturized and soft after a shave.

Palmolive is very nice too, and easily available round here

I don't buy them as much because it's hard for me to pay the same price for 2.5oz of soap in a twist-up as a 5oz puck. I would buy more if companies would offer refills (arko style) for a slightly reduced price.

Like Marco said, shave sticks are especially wonderful for traveling. I first came to appreciate them on a two-month cross-country trip. The only soaps I took were Arko and La Toja shave sticks, to save room. They are excellent soaps, and were much easier to use than pucks or creams would have been in situations where I didn't have a sink with a stopper (most campgrounds). Since I returned home, they have become part of my rotation. I like La Toja, Arko, Mike's, Valobra, and Palmolive.

Top Bottom