What's new

I'm cold and bored and need some jokes.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here's a story I love to tell. Let's see if I can remember...

It seems Mark Twain was traveling home in a train after going fishing somewhere in Maine? New England somewhere I think. Out of season.

A guy sits next to him and Mr Twain commences to brag about all the fish he caught. He turns to the man and asks, " by the way, who are you?"

The stranger says, "I'm the game warden around these parts. Who are you?"

Twain replies, "the biggest dam liar you ever met!"

FarmerTan

Well - feel free to contribute a better one!
Lol, I'm thinking he was praising ALL the jokes posted to that point! So...........

THE JOKE'S ON YOU!

Hey folks, I'm here all week! (Kinda literally. My wife won't know I'm dead till I start decomposing in my Lazyarseboy, with my phone in hand, with a half written, half witted reply on a B&B thread!

FarmerTan

Here's another Mark Twain story. Unless I mess it up....

So old Sam Clemens was getting a haircut. The barber, making conversation, like all us GREAT hair cutters do, especially with a new customer, asks ole Sam, "You going to see that Mark Twain feller talk tonight? I hear it's standing room only."

To which Sam replies, "Dang it! Seems I have to stand everytime I see that man speak!"

Lol, I'm thinking he was praising ALL the jokes posted to that point! So...........

THE JOKE'S ON YOU!

Hey folks, I'm here all week! (Kinda literally. My wife won't know I'm dead till I start decomposing in my Lazyarseboy, with my phone in hand, with a half written, half witted reply on a B&B thread!
It sure comes across as that he didn't like my lead-in jokes.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

It sure comes across as that he didn't like my lead-in jokes.
Ha! You're right. But maybe he's like me: I honestly JUST NOW saw/read your post. Or knowing @Billski THAT was supposed to be funny! The dude can be hilarious, to me. Subtle sense of humor, unlike my "hit ya over the head" humor.

Somebody better laugh at my joke, or I'll be forced to tell another one!
Mark Twain is a classic. Keep them coming.
:)

I’m thinking (hoping) that Billski was being sarcastic. Sometimes subtleties of humor don’t convey well online. What is needed is a good sarcasm font.

Top Bottom