What's new

I'm back with a statement....

Ok since the Jade "our136" debacle is "officially" over and my RAD is under control (not likely) I had to come back and make a quick statement... By and large I had stopped using my straights I went back to DE and kami style FAC SS and CAC SS (FAC clones) the results of the shaves have been phenomenal. BUT I miss my straights... So rather than storage for my miniscule collection I am going to stay in practice and begin a rotation of all of my razors. Yes (face palm) I know many already do this but I guess I was enjoying the one lane road! Lol! There was a post about going back to DE razors after straights and I had thought to myself "no way!" But I guess my hand was forced and now I find that I am am about to rotate the different styles.. My statement is this, shave with what you have, enjoy each shave, take the time to realize the little nuances of whatever style of hardware and software you are using! I did. Above all else Happy smooth shaves!

There's no right and wrong, so whatever makes you happy. Even if I don't use them much I've still got my DE razors and I've never contemplated to sell them.

There's no right and wrong, so whatever makes you happy. Even if I don't use them much I've still got my DE razors and I've never contemplated to sell them.
ABSOLUTELY!!! selling any of my razors is out, I've got my two sons who will/have been practicing (DE) shaves since they could stand on a chair to see in the mirror! They'll get all my hardware and probably some soaps too!

That’s funny. I shaved with DE for the first time in a long time and looked forward to BBS. I came to realize it wasn’t as good and I was obsessing with how bad my straight razor shaves were. They’re actually extremely close to DE now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY!!! selling any of my razors is out, I've got my two sons who will/have been practicing (DE) shaves since they could stand on a chair to see in the mirror! They'll get all my hardware and probably some soaps too!
The same goes for me and my son, but I'll keep the really rare ones until the day comes when I won't be needing them.

That’s funny. I shaved with DE for the first time in a long time and looked forward to BBS. I came to realize it wasn’t as good and I was obsessing with how bad my straight razor shaves were. They’re actually extremely close to DE now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had phenomenal results from both DE and straight shaves!

Trust me when I say this but we have all been there at some point, yes me included I have dropped razors and knocked big chunks out of them and not able to save them.
Its like the Torrey Tuesday I only had one Torrey at the time and only used it the once, the next time I dropped it on the tile floor that was the last time the blade was toast. So I saved the scales, and now I own 7 Torrey razors including one that was the same but in better condition.

But it will be nice to see you posting again in the threads......

Trust me when I say this but we have all been there at some point, yes me included I have dropped razors and knocked big chunks out of them and not able to save them.
Its like the Torrey Tuesday I only had one Torrey at the time and only used it the once, the next time I dropped it on the tile floor that was the last time the blade was toast. So I saved the scales, and now I own 7 Torrey razors including one that was the same but in better condition.

But it will be nice to see you posting again in the threads......
Thank you sir! The Jade is out traveling the roads at this moment hopefully the scales will find a fitting blade ! I still have 2 other Torrey to use the rotation will be a longer one now because of including my other razors as well but the journey continues!

And as the others have said I will never part with my DE razors, they will be there for when I am unable to use straight razors.

And when that time comes then I will sell them so other people will get a chance to use them unless my son wants them..

I have downsized my collection in the past and wanted to downsize it even further. Recently I came to the decision to just keep and enjoy all 41 of them remaining under the sink. The variety and nuances of each make the morning routine a joy. Life is too short and this hobby is a simple way to make the most out of at least 10 minutes of my morning.

I have downsized my collection in the past and wanted to downsize it even further. Recently I came to the decision to just keep and enjoy all 41 of them remaining under the sink. The variety and nuances of each make the morning routine a joy. Life is too short and this hobby is a simple way to make the most out of at least 10 minutes of my morning.
AGREED FULLY!!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
It has been a couple of years I guess since I last shaved with anything other than a straight or a shavette. I sold off most of my other types a long time ago. I kept two gold adjustables, an Executive, which is similar to the Fatboy, and an Adjustable Aristocrat, which is basically just a gold plated Slim. Why keep them? Who knows. I also kept one of the little 4 piece aspirin tin travel razors. And I have several different wedge blade hoe handle sets, most of which I have never shaved with. It's all going on the auction block "one of these days" LOL. I have contemplated setting aside one day a week for safety razor shaving, and rotating through everything eventually, but it is just so much work to get out something and feed it a blade. Picking up a straight and giving it a quick stropping doesn't seem like such a chore. And the shave is just better with straight or shavette.

I used to have a LOT of different types of razors. And I would go on injector binges, or stick with lathercatchers for a while, or rock the Rolls or Henckels or Wilkinson wedgies, whatever. I just lost all interest in everything but straights and shavettes. Kept just those few items out of pride of posession, I guess. I will have to test shave with all the wedge blade razors before selling them, I suppose, but that will be more of a minor chore than a special treat.

Top Bottom