What's new

I'm always amazed.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In the immortal words of B&B member extraordinaire JohhnieGold:

And then the B&B miracle happened.....

Yet another wonderful gesture by the B&B BOTL. This really is the best place on the interwebz.

Here's to a wonderful 2015 for all!

At the generosity of my B&B friends. About a year ago I had made mention in an aftershave thread that my three teenage boys were pilfering my stash and beginning to shave. It was a just a simple sentence of a statement that was forgotten by me 5 minutes after I wrote it. A few days later a fellow long time B&B member in Switzerland asked if he could send a few items for my boys, to which I said "sure, why not?" A couple of weeks later this arrives...
View attachment 533915
A few months ago I received notification from another member to be on the lookout for a package, kind of a "get well soon" gift from several members that I'm still not 100% sure who coordinated but I have a good idea. Probably the member that mailed the package. I was again flabbergasted.
View attachment 533918
Last week I received notice from a member who has been more of a friend to me over the last 3 years than anyone I know in the real world or otherwise. I knew he was sending something that I didn't deserve, but I couldn't have imagined what was waiting for me.
View attachment 533921
View attachment 533922
You see, when your somebody who's going through a major injury, and you've been used to being the provider of the family, it's easy to start feeling like you are mostly useless to the world because you can't do the things that people could always depend on you for. Compound that with the people that you thought were friends that no longer come around to see you now that you can't provide them with free plumbing, heating or air conditioner repairs. A guy could start to feel pretty worthless. Thankfully I am a member of Badger & Blade, where I have come to realize contain my true friends, and just genuinely thoughtfull people. It's not the magnitude of the gifts given really, it's the realization that there are people who think you worthy of such a sentiment. Regardless of whether you like they way the site is moderated, or if you hate the new BST, at the core of B&B are the members who find and make real friends here. I wouldn't recognize most of the fellows involved in these gifts if I met them in person, but that doesn't make the actions less tangible, if anything it makes them more so. No matter how frustrated I get with certain things that come with being a mod, or just from being a member, I never forget where my real friends reside. I want to thank all of you for making this forum what it is, I feel bad for the ones that don't, or won't "get it". To a certain member of hill folk, I want to thank you for truly making today a shockingly merry Christmas.
This is where most of my friends reside, right here on B&B, greatest friends a man could have. Good on all the folks who sent these things to you, hope things get better in the new year.

Top Bottom