What's new

I'm a noob!

Hello, all!

I've been at it for about a month. I'm on my second razor, 3rd type of blade, and have changed from shaving in front of the mirror to shaving in the shower. I feel like my technique is getting better and I'm looking forward to learning and gaining more experience.

I enjoy DE shaving so much more than with a multiple blade cartridge. My only challenge has been making sure my face is properly lathered. I had nicks all over the place at first. I'm currently using shaving soap lathered in my hands because I could not get enough going using the brush and bowl. No nicks in about 3 weeks since I started doing it that way.

I started with a Weishi razor. I decided on it because it was cheap and the razor doesn't really matter because they all do the same thing, right? Wrong! After trial and research I realized it was way too mild and I switched to a Merkur 34C HD. The HD is great but the shorter handle makes it tough to grip in the wetness of the shower. In hindsight I would probably have gone with the longer handle on the 38 HD, not because of any fault in the 34 HD, I just need a better grip because of where I choose to use it.

Feather blades are giving me a great shave, but I'm still working though the other brands in the sampler to see if any others suit my skin better.

I regret it took me this long to find DE shaving, but I'm glad I'm here!

Regards,
Mark

... I've [...snip...] changed from shaving in front of the mirror to shaving in the shower. [...snip...] I'm currently using shaving soap lathered in my hands because I could not get enough going using the brush and bowl. ...
Face-lathering with a stick soap might be even more convenient in the shower.
(Or a "stickified" version of your favourite soap, like this or this.)

Welcome to B&B! You have come to the right place for a wealth of advice and support...come back often!

Hello and welcome, Mark. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Top Bottom