What's new

I'm a noob!

Time for a quick update. The Maseto badger brush is great. It's so much softer than the boar and is a great enhancement to my shave. I've put away the Slant and gone back to the 34C. I couldn't avoid knocking myself near the nostril with the slant, I don't have that issue with the 34C. I'm also back to the Feather blades with no issues. All it took was time and practice to be able to handle the aggressiveness of those blades. I'm still trying different soaps. The Barrister and Mann is nice. Tabac is working quite well for me. I'll probably go back to Arco for a bit just to see how it compares.

For technique I'm still shaving in the shower. I'm loading on the puck then whipping up a lather in a bowl.... sometimes. Most often though I'm just loading the brush and going right to the face with it, adding a bit of water as needed until I like the lather. It's quick and effective.

After shaving I had been using witch hazel, balm, and aftershave. I'm now mainly using aftershave wipes during the week. On the weekend when there's more time I go through the whole process with the individual products.

Hope everyone's enjoying the new year! Take care out there.

Great to hear updates. I’m at the beginning of my journey.

This is the first time I’ve heard of Aftershave wipes?

Top Bottom