What's new

I'm a newbie to this group

Gentlemen, my name's Jeff, I'm a newbie here, I live in Montreal, Canada, and I'm proud to be a member of the wetshaving world.:smile: I'm very much in to shaving creams and soaps from around the world, and I have a big collection of them. My basic shaving tools include a Merkur Vision or M3P and an Omega brush, but I'm strongly considering changing to a Muehle-Pinsel brush. Who can give me an opinion of this brush?
Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, welcome to B&B. I have not tried a Muehle-Pinsel brush but I have looked at them on their website. They certainly are affordable and will probably make a good starter brush. Let us know how it works out for you.

smoothfacejeff said:
Gentlemen, my name's Jeff, I'm a newbie here, I live in Montreal, Canada, and I'm proud to be a member of the wetshaving world.:smile: I'm very much in to shaving creams and soaps from around the world, and I have a big collection of them. My basic shaving tools include a Merkur Vision or M3P and an Omega brush, but I'm strongly considering changing to a Muehle-Pinsel brush. Who can give me an opinion of this brush?
Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff:

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear you're into worldly shaving goods as many of the folks on this forum are always looking for something new and different to try (or at least read about). I hope you'll share your thoughts with us frequently about your experiences.

My first badger brush was a Muehle-Pinsel pure badger. I think it was around $40.00 and was a decent brush. It did however have that "prickly" feel to it. I used it for a few weeks and upgraded to a super badger and gave the M-P to my son. He doesn't mind the feel and still uses it today.

My suggestion would be to look at QED at some of the Savile-Row brushes or check Em's place as she has a good selection of brushes also.

Good to have you here! Visit often, contribute often!

Jerry

My sentiments exactly Jerry!

MP's are ok - but a Savile Row is a much better investment. An SRt-208 would only set you back about $52, and is markedly superior (in my opinion).

Welcome to the forum, thanks for posting - and don't be a stranger!!!

Howdy Jeff, and welcome aboard. Completely unrelated, but one of my most memorable meals was at Bonaparte's, a short walk from Notre Dame (if I remember correctly). They had a scallop and shrimp appetizer that was infused with vanilla.... man, that was heaven on a plate!

And don't even get me started on poutine! :biggrin:

Again, welcome aboard!

-Nick

Thanks for such a nice welcome, I appreciate it and your suggestions. I'm going to look for the M-P brush tomorrow or Thursday.
Thanks again guys!

Jeff

Nick, :biggrin: poutine's not one of my favorite foods, first of all, I'm European, not Quebecois, second of all, I'm not going to be living in Montreal much longer, the wife and I are moving to the Big Apple this coming summer!

Jeff

Jeff,

It's definitely not for everyone, and I suppose since I'm just a tourist, I look at it more as a regional delicacy. If I lived in that area, I'm sure I'd tire of it eventually.

Speaking of regional delicacies, after you move, you should check out the pigeon pate, and the rodent filet. :biggrin:

-Nick

Top Bottom