What's new

I'm A Lavender Junkie

Alright guys, I confess I'm a lavender junkie. When I first started wet shaving I thought everyone was weird for liking lavender so much. I had no idea what smelled like. I just knew it was a flower. It all started with Speick cream, the tube read "With relaxing lavender." I fell in love with the scent of Speick cream and needed to know what a pure lavender soap would smell like. Then I got a puck of Razorock KOTC Lavender and I was hooked. I could not stop smelling the puck. I almost wanted to leave the soap out next to my bed so I could smell it as I fell asleep. Now I find myself wanting every lavender soap out there to compare scents. So there, I said it. I'm proud to be a lavender junkie. Any other lavender junkies out there?

I recently shaved with some Gentlemens Refinery Standard #2 shave cream. To my delight, it has a strong lavender smell, plus some citrus and sandalwood. You might like to get a sample and give it a try sometime.

$merkur gent refin creed vetiver feb 20 2014 comp.jpg

Love me some lavender. If you bathe you ought to try a few drops of lavender essential oil in the bath. My two daughters get a few drops of lavender or patchouli (or both) EO in their bath and oh man those little girls stink so good after their bath :lol:

I recently shaved with some Gentlemens Refinery Standard #2 shave cream. To my delight, it has a strong lavender smell, plus some citrus and sandalwood. You might like to get a sample and give it a try sometime.

View attachment 418499

I always love looking at your shaving pictures, Sarimento. All the colors always seem to pop out at you.

I will look into the cream. It sounds intriguing.

Love me some lavender. If you bathe you ought to try a few drops of lavender essential oil in the bath. My two daughters get a few drops of lavender or patchouli (or both) EO in their bath and oh man those little girls stink so good after their bath :lol:

Makes me wish I had a tub here. That sounds lovely. I will have to remember that for when I have the opportunity. Where can one pick up some lavender EO?

Makes me wish I had a tub here. That sounds lovely. I will have to remember that for when I have the opportunity. Where can one pick up some lavender EO?

Typically health food stores are the best bet for local sourcing. Pretty easy to find online too.

If you end up at a health food store look for a bottle of Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel. Heaven. Use it as an aftershave or slap some on before bed. And if you get that bottle of EO you can super charge your witch hazel.

Then you must try Mike's Hungarian Lavender soap! Aromatic and earthy, it's one of my favorites.

And for something completely different: Dr. Selby's Lavanda cream. A kind of medicinal scent that isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I like it.

I'm not a lavender junkie when it's by itself, by LA Shaving Soap's woody lavender is something I'll happily get behind. Lavender with essential oils from three different trees.

I just started using DR Harris lavender soap. It lathers up great and has a very sweet scent, maybe too sweet. I've only used it once so the jury is still out.

I too love lavender. The first shaving item I developed an obsession with was the Musgo Real Glyce Lavender pre-shave soap. Then came the lavender cream, soap, Musgo Real #4 cologne, and lavender oil to add to MWF lather.

MdC is real lavender. After spending time in the Luberon in France where most lavender is grown, wow, do you get to appreciate it. I had to look 2x at my Man Card when SWMBO asked to go to the Lavender Museum. Same stills they use for scotch are the kettles for lavender distillation. Dr Hauschka makes a great lotion too.

Top Bottom