What's new

I'm 23... where is my moustache?

I've got a full bear, neck to sideburns and on my chin.
Buuuut I still have only about 80% moustache growth. There are gaps smack in the middle.

If it hasn't grown in by now, will it ever turn up or is this probably it?

Everyone is a little different...I've had long sideburns since I was 13 (27 now), but even now my beard is still a little thing on the upper cheek (mustache high).

My Mo is strong though...it may fill in, it may not.

I've never been known for my robust facial hair. I can grow a mustache and a soul patch but my beard has just come into bloom at the ripe old age of 34. It wouldn't connect in certain places before that. Some people just don't grow facial hair very well.

Buuuut I still have only about 80% moustache growth. There are gaps smack in the middle.

I'm 55 and can, at best, grow a scraggly moustache and beard. For me it's never going to happen. But there are a lot worse things that can happen to somebody.

It may or may not be a lost cause for you, but you should give it some time yet.

I've got nice growth everywhere but about the top inch of where my sideburns start. It's pretty wimpy there and always has been, much to my annoyance. Seems like a lot of guys have places where it's just not as dense and we have to learn to live with it. Hope your situation is temporary and you can manage a "Full Bolton" one of these days. :biggrin1:

38 and if I let stuff grow I look like I'm from the backside of the Appalalachias. No offense to any of my fellow virginians:biggrin1:.

Jay

I'm 26 and if I let everything grow in I can get a little connection at the corners of my mouth not great but a bit better than it used to be. My dad didn't get "connection" until he was 35 and now it's perfect in that regard.

I'm 40, and I've resigned myself to the fact that there's a big gap between my goatee area and the middle of my ear that'll never have any significant growth.

Upside is that I barely have to shave my cheeks. Downside is that if I try to grow a beard I turn into

proxy.php

I've been able to grow a full connecting goatee since I was 18. Then I have some friends who could do it freshman year of high school.

At least you can grow a beard. I'm 20 and there are a few guys in my classes who struggle with growing peach fuzz :p

Some people will simply never be able to grow a 'proper' mustache...but lets be honest, very rarely do people suit them anyway, the majority of the time they look plain silly...in fact most people don't suit any sort of facial hair at all.

My brother had to start shaving when he was 13. He's in his 50's now, can grow a beard in a week and is hairy as a bear. He still has a couple of spots where his beard doesn't completely fill in.

I'd wait until your thirties to declare yourself unable to grow your mustache. My beard is thicker in my thirties than it was in my twenties.

I have a condition called alopecia areata where I lose hair in different places at different times, fortunately mine tends to regrow within a year. It falls out in penny to quarter size spots. I have a lot of hair on my head so even at 47 it is usually hidden, rightnow I have a little divit the half size of a pinky nail missing over my left eye, ain't nothin' a black sharpie cant'take care of. Fortunately right now My'Stache is intact.It affects thousands in different ways, alopecia universalis is total body hair loss.

Talk about sellin' your razor collection.

Last edited:
i too am 23 - each movember I get to review my moustaching capabilites. This year was a vast improvemet on last, which was a vast improvement on the year before.

i supect it will grow in

We should switch faces! My upper lip is filled with some of the toughest hair you'll ever see. It's a pain to shave there, but if you want a mustache I suppose that hair would be nice.

I am 24 and the sweet stache I dream of eludes me still. I only have a few proper hairs and the rest is peach fuzz.

Top Bottom