What's new

I'll Thow in My Hat for AOS Lavender

I know this is an old thread but I just had to comment. First off just let me say that I’m not a fan of shave shops that are set up in shopping malls although I do understand the convenience. So while stopping into my local marshals/TJ max I came across a few AOS procducts. Sea kelp cream and AS also sandalwood and lavender after shave only. I have TOBS lavender and I like the performance but not a huge fan of the scent. I purchased the lavender AS in hopes that when it hits the skin the smell would change. No luck. My wife commented that I smelled like our RV tablets that we drop in the crapper. I’m sure there’s some that like it but I just don’t get the smell. I’ve smelled some pretty nice lavender but this just is not for me. Luckily I only paid half of what AOS charges had I wandered in there after taking my kids to hollister.

I know this is an old thread but I just had to comment. First off just let me say that I’m not a fan of shave shops that are set up in shopping malls although I do understand the convenience. So while stopping into my local marshals/TJ max I came across a few AOS procducts. Sea kelp cream and AS also sandalwood and lavender after shave only. I have TOBS lavender and I like the performance but not a huge fan of the scent. I purchased the lavender AS in hopes that when it hits the skin the smell would change. No luck. My wife commented that I smelled like our RV tablets that we drop in the crapper. I’m sure there’s some that like it but I just don’t get the smell. I’ve smelled some pretty nice lavender but this just is not for me. Luckily I only paid half of what AOS charges had I wandered in there after taking my kids to hollister.
Give St Charles Shave a try. They have two Lavendar AS's

1.Bulgarian Lavender Aftershave Splash (The better one. A few more $$)
Bulgarian Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Aftershave Splash made with Bulgarian Lavender essential oil 4oz (120ml) $16.00
2.Lavender Aftershave Splash
Lavender Aftershave Splash will cool, soothe and moisturize. A light non-greasy formula that dries quickly. After shaving, close pores with tepid water; apply sparingly. 4 OZ.-(120ML.) $12.00

I use a number of their AS's and like them very much.
(Savory Rose, Smoke & Beads, Fairway, Sandalwood, and Bulgarian Rose.)
The Bulgarian Rose AS is one of my favorites AS's. It's under the "Limited" link. Costly but amazing true rose scent. I suspect the Bulgarian Lavender would also be awesome. It's under the "Aftershave" link.
Never tried their Lavender though.
I Have Stirling's Bergamot Lavender that is also good, but not a "pure" Lavender.
Mikey

Sir Dad, if not shave shops, what most attracts you to shopping mall?

Sir Dad, if not shave shops, what most attracts you to shopping mall?
Honestly not much. Maybe shopping with the kids once in awhile or perhaps a trip to dicks sporting goods. As far as shave supplies goes I’d much rather give my money to a mom and pop shop such as Mr Maggard and his wife as opposed to a place that marks up their prices for subpar items as to pay for the foot traffic that comes with the store front. The few times I’ve stopped into AOS I was usually greeted by a worker who knew very little about shaving and wanted to sell me an EJ89.

Top Bottom