What's new

I'll Share With You Folks Here, Very Cool Happening...

Nice piece, BUT 4.5 days??

My $15 + CBI fees FFL called me today @ 10:00AM informing me that a shooting iron had just arrived.
Drove over at noon, filled out the paperwork, then left without said shooting iron. FFL called me back at 3:00 saying, “Okay, you can come pick it up”.

Yes, 4.5 day wait. CBI was backed up due to over 4400 guns sold or transferred just last weekend. Spoke with CBI yesterday, they were overwhelmed. Could be people got out last weekend, bought guns, they got govt pandemic payment check or in cause/effect of the Boulder shooting. Never had to wait more than twenty minutes before. I was patient... told CBI manager, they should have quicker approval for CCW permit holders. He didn't have an answer. No biggie... I just waited for the process to work itself through. But... the wait was pure... you know what. Just loaded, with the very tight mag springs, the two mags with a Maglula. Very nice! Will clean the pistol over the weekend and get to the range early next week. Break 'er in nicely. 😉

Went to The Firing Line, just five miles east of me in Aurora, on Potomac, across from The Colorado National Guard Armory, been shooting here for many years. Took the new Sig P365, after cleaning and lubing, wet, at home... also my 1911 CCO .45Auto. Left my other pistols in the safe for the moment.

Shot 175 rounds of Speer Lawman 115 and 124gr FMJ and Speer 124gr +P 9mm in the Sig... and 100 Rounds of Lawman 230gr TMJ in the 1911. Got there at 10am opening, had the range to myself for the full 1.5 hours.

Man o man... I love this Sig! And of course, the CCO. Not a single blip, stoppage, misfire in either. Have had the 1911 for years, my EDC. Know it well. The Sig, a very small, sub compact, took a little time to get in the groove with. Short sight radius, the pistol disappeared in my hands. Reliability and accuracy, superb! Recoil, non existent. Disappears in the Tulster IWB. Lightweight, really like this. Shaves ten ounces off my CCO.

Finished up, washed the hands, headed home and cleaned both pistols. First time out in quite a while due to CV and two eye surgeries in 2019. Felt good to be sighting in and banging away.

The Sig is a winner on all levels! Small, light, reliable, compact, 9mm wunderkind! This pistol puts a real smile on my face. Sent big thanks to the GF! She too was very happy to hear that all went well. Process took its time, perseverance furthers as the I Ching says. Sig did a fine job with this pistol. 😉

Top Bottom