What's new

I'll Share With You Folks Here, Very Cool Happening...

As I have posted some info before, there's this woman who came into my life last year... of all years, eh?... she came to visit me from Southern Oregon, 3X, where she's a cardiac surgical RN. We went shooting here on a friend's ranch in Calhan and like a number of women, she absolutely loved the whole experience of firearms. I sent her back home for her birthday with 400 rounds of 9mm FMJ and JHP. She found in her town a Sig P365 that I recommended, joined the local gun club, and took to the whole experience beautifully. I was impressed.

Couple of weeks ago, I got on my first plane ride and visited her, flying into the Rogue River Airport. The airports had a lot of folks flying through, especially the connection in Phoenix. With a good supply of Titos, OJ and Seltzer, and a mask, I did OK.

She took me to her shooting club and man o' man, she does fine at the range. She'll be taking some self defense shooting classes there with some of the folks she shoots with.

Ok... that's the brief background. Got a text yesterday with a picture. She bought me a gift, a Sig P365 that I had difficulty finding locally. I've been wanting to shed some additional weight off my usual EDC's, 1911 CCO 45ACP and a Glock 19. Her Sig shot very well, carries like a compact dream. This is the first woman in my life who ever bought me a nice gift, and a pistol... to boot. I'll probably get the pistol when she comes to visit, late March or so. Nice woman, eh?

Here's the pic she sent, and was told she paid less than the price on the tag. 😉

IMG_5300.jpg

Appreciate the comments and thoughts. I'm usually a very discreet person, especially on the internet, I thought a nice kudos should go out, only done here, to a woman who is a sharing, caring, good person. Heck, it's true about RN's and nurses, they're kind and givers, well, most of them.

I ordered a Pelican 1170 gun case with two non TSA Masterlocks, and had them sent to her. This way she could pack and bring the pistol on her next flight here, late March. The two of us could trade it off, bring our own pistols to shoot, back and forth. I tend to shoot and carry my 1911 CCO and she wants a backup pistol... already... and my Glock 19, which she's shot, will be a good training platform for her. A backup Glock would go well with her Sig.

I had her shoot some 124gr +P JHP and it was definitely a step up for her. She shot 'em well, but they pack a bit more punch than non +P ammo. I'll try to dig her up some 124gr JHP non +P.

Gotta say, she's taking to shooting very well. Goes to shooting class, 1-2x a week and she's comfortable shooting 25-30 rounds per session. That's ok... it'll work well while we're under this ammo shortage b.s.

Stay safe everyone! 😉

Side note... BE VERY CAREFUL SHIPPING WITH FEDEX!

Okie had great difficulties, I shipped a Pelican pistol case to GF, shipped from Reno, NV to FedEx Centerpoint Station, by Medford, OR airport. Approx 200 miles, easy truck run. 🙄

One initial scan then no movement, no scans for eight days. You could not imagine the deceptions and outright lies from FedEx reps. I went to TrustPilot reviews website and the amount of unbelievably negative posts about FedEx, 75%, will drop your jaw! The company has fallen so far out of favor with stolen packages, non delivery, mis-routing and incorrect delivery, it will blow you away.

Pelican got involved, took some time, they're shipping a replacement, USPS PRIORITY, with tracking number. Kudos to Pelican.

This was my first FedEx in quite a while, been shipping and receiving via USPS. FedEx really ... you know what to the pooch. 😉

Be careful, shipping right now is a sh*t show.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Okie had great difficulties, I shipped a Pelican pistol case to GF, shipped from Reno, NV to FedEx Centerpoint Station, by Medford, OR airport. Approx 200 miles, easy truck run. 🙄

One initial scan then no movement, no scans for eight days. You could not imagine the deceptions and outright lies from FedEx reps. I went to TrustPilot reviews website and the amount of unbelievably negative posts about FedEx, 75%, will drop your jaw! The company has fallen so far out of favor with stolen packages, non delivery, mis-routing and incorrect delivery, it will blow you away.

Pelican got involved, took some time, they're shipping a replacement, USPS PRIORITY, with tracking number. Kudos to Pelican.

This was my first FedEx in quite a while, been shipping and receiving via USPS. FedEx really ... you know what to the pooch. 😉

Yeah, I had a package coming from Texas this week... 🤔 Only a few hundred miles... Been like ten days now...

AA

I'm beginning to wonder about FedEx. I ordered an air pistol from a vendor in Soho, Ok, showed as shipped Feb 16, shipping label created and nothing else. I ordered a pellet trap from another vendor, and looking at google maps they are about 6 miles apart. The trap showed shipped the following day, and has departed. I have the first vendor inquiring as to why it has not been scanned into the Fedex system and showing no movement. At first the vendor said weather then I told him about this and he started inquiring on his end, still awaiting resolution.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm beginning to wonder about FedEx. I ordered an air pistol from a vendor in Soho, Ok, showed as shipped Feb 16, shipping label created and nothing else. I ordered a pellet trap from another vendor, and looking at google maps they are about 6 miles apart. The trap showed shipped the following day, and has departed. I have the first vendor inquiring as to why it has not been scanned into the Fedex system and showing no movement. At first the vendor said weather then I told him about this and he started inquiring on his end, still awaiting resolution.

People are being canceled, now our firearms are being canceled thru shipping!

USPS Priority worked perfectly, delivered on time, smooth tracking throughout... unlike FedEx, which basically failed from the first scan. Every package the last two years of CV and more, was delivered on time.

IMG_5360.jpg

Tulster IWB holster ordered and shipped this morning. Excellent communication with the company, got a personal call from one of the owners a few weeks ago. My first Kydex holster, looking forward for the thin, light combo with the P365.
16140241360193504218279109035442_106384833503947.jpg

The mags for the P365 are very tight to load. Bought one for the GF, she loves hers. Picked one up here in Denver, in preparation. She'll probably take a United direct flight here in late March, will have to check in her luggage bag for the Pelican locked case and Sig case. Hopefully all will go well. First new pistol in nine years. Can you blame me for being... a little... excited? 😉
20210222_130313.jpg

Pistol arrived here in Denver Sat afternoon, transit through United, went seamlessly. TSA never even looked at or opened the Pelican locked case, just ran the check in through the scanner.

Brought the pistol in to local FFL whom I've used before. Completed the 4473 form, paid the fifty buck transfer fee... guess what? Since Saturday, there were 4481 transfer, sales background requests into Colorado Bureau of Investigation! People are buying guns at a rapid pace here, and probably elsewhere. They quoted me FOUR days to get transfer clearance.

Between the elections, Boulder, Atlanta shootings, everything else, what used to take ten minutes to fo a background check, now is taking days and days. Incredible. 🙄

As I have posted some info before, there's this woman who came into my life last year... of all years, eh?... she came to visit me from Southern Oregon, 3X, where she's a cardiac surgical RN. We went shooting here on a friend's ranch in Calhan and like a number of women, she absolutely loved the whole experience of firearms. I sent her back home for her birthday with 400 rounds of 9mm FMJ and JHP. She found in her town a Sig P365 that I recommended, joined the local gun club, and took to the whole experience beautifully. I was impressed.

Couple of weeks ago, I got on my first plane ride and visited her, flying into the Rogue River Airport. The airports had a lot of folks flying through, especially the connection in Phoenix. With a good supply of Titos, OJ and Seltzer, and a mask, I did OK.

She took me to her shooting club and man o' man, she does fine at the range. She'll be taking some self defense shooting classes there with some of the folks she shoots with.

Ok... that's the brief background. Got a text yesterday with a picture. She bought me a gift, a Sig P365 that I had difficulty finding locally. I've been wanting to shed some additional weight off my usual EDC's, 1911 CCO 45ACP and a Glock 19. Her Sig shot very well, carries like a compact dream. This is the first woman in my life who ever bought me a nice gift, and a pistol... to boot. I'll probably get the pistol when she comes to visit, late March or so. Nice woman, eh?

Here's the pic she sent, and was told she paid less than the price on the tag. 😉

View attachment 1220512
KEEPER !!!!:)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I really like my Sig P290RS which are a single stack DAO hammer fired model very similar to the P365. One day I might get a 365.

"Say Hello To My Little Friend"

4.5 day CBI background check wait.
20210402_162342_resized.jpg

Remember... The Second Amendment protects the First Amendment... and The U.S. Constitution. Originally written to protect against Government Tyranny and to protect one's self and family.

Always stay safe. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. 😉

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
4.5 day CBI background check wait.
View attachment 1245562
Nice piece, BUT 4.5 days??

My $15 + CBI fees FFL called me today @ 10:00AM informing me that a shooting iron had just arrived.
Drove over at noon, filled out the paperwork, then left without said shooting iron. FFL called me back at 3:00 saying, “Okay, you can come pick it up”.

Top Bottom