What's new

I'll never learn

Friends came over last evening.

I had forgotten how everyone up here likes to drink.

Oy. I hurt today.

Open and closed in one evening

proxy.php

what with all the medications which say they'll eat my liver and use my kidneys for dessert if I drink while using them... I'm terrified of a morning after. Hell, most of the time, just the warm glow any more. I think I get away with cooking it down though, maybe.

My daughter recently moved to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. She was at a kitchen party (she's a fiddler) and was introduced to island moonshine. Apparently, the next day was remarkably unpleasant. The day after that wasn't much better.

I know that feeling. The older I get, the worse the morning after is

No hang over but plenty of bruises. I was told I took several spectacular tumbles throughout the evening. No recollection what so ever. Nothing broken so I guess I won and the floor lost.

I love a good single-malt, but time has taught me that I don't like the whole morning-after thing. Didn't like it when I was young, like it even less (and it last longer) the older I get.

This is hard to diagnose.

If you consumed most of the bottle, you might need intervention.

If your friends drained it, you'll be remembered well.

My suggestion, take a couple Advil, rest up, de-tox, and replace the bottle.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You know how many times I’ve said “I’m never drinking again”

If I’ve said it once...

I’ve said it many times!

C0FF128D-BC42-43E2-AACE-5DD95676689C.jpeg

Now days I stop after a few. Or 6. Never liquor. Only beer.

The worst thing is when you have a night like that, friends who like to drink come over, and you wake up the next morning with a thick head to find those friends have cleaned out the liquor cabinet!

I will admit that Drinking is my Spiritual Gift. I know how to avoid any pretense of a hangover. I'll let you in on the secret: Don't drink that last drink. That's the one that gives you a hangover. You know which one it is. It's the one where you say "Man, this is going to hurt in the morning". Your drinks should get weaker as the night goes on. The best way to do that is to switch to low alcohol beer. It's the drinking equivalent of driving in the right hand lane. Nice and safe.

Friends came over last evening.

I had forgotten how everyone up here likes to drink.

Oy. I hurt today.

Open and closed in one evening

proxy.php

Sorry man! The ‘classic’ cure is a ‘small beer’ in the AM (or a bit of time).

No problem with head. Single malt does not seem to do the "normal" hangover. It was the stairs and floor that was the problem.

Problem with bruising just about everywhere that made contact with a hard object.

Top Bottom