What's new

I'll just leave this here . . .

champs.jpg

I hope Kawhi sticks around... This raptors team is fun to watch. Crazy to see Klay and KD both have those types of injuries.

I think the two most important words over the next decade in pro sports will be "load management".

I mean, if a team like Toronto with just 1 superstar can go through a season relatively free of such injuries, you have to ask yourself if the Warriors could have avoided injuries to their 3 superstars with a similar focus.

I think the two most important words over the next decade in pro sports will be "load management".

I mean, if a team like Toronto with just 1 superstar can go through a season relatively free of such injuries, you have to ask yourself if the Warriors could have avoided injuries to their 3 superstars with a similar focus.

I definitely think there's an argument to be made that it's because of the load having played 100+ Games over a period of years that it was just too much. Klay's looked more of a freak accident just landing awkward. KD however was bad judgment. I read somewhere, I think bleacher report, that basically blamed the entire warriors organization, including KD for the injury. Game 5 of the championship in a win or go home situation everyone's going to play without a second thought.

Sad that a lot of people are going to put a proverbial asterisk next to this championship with what ifs. What if KD doesn't tear his Achilles? What if Klay doesn't blow his ACL when he was single handedly keeping them in the game?

I hope the raptors get the credit they deserve is my point.

Coming from a Canadian perspective, I'll make a hockey comparison, because the season's are of similar lengths, and the playoffs of similar format. You do not get to the playoffs without being "banged up". That said, it's how you mitigate those injuries through the season that allows you to maintain performance standards in the playoff run.

Seems apparent that Leonard's "issues" were a Spurs thing, rather than a Leonard thing.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Coming from a Canadian perspective, I'll make a hockey comparison ... it's how you mitigate [regular season] injuries through the season that allows you to maintain performance standards in the playoff run.

The best examples from the hockey world come from the constant balancing act teams go through to make sure that their starting goalie doesn't play too many games ... balancing out having the better goalie in nets as much as possible with making sure he doesn't get "used up" and can't be at his best in the playoffs. And of course if you don't play him enough you don't win as many games and don't make the playoffs.

The best examples from the hockey world come from the constant balancing act teams go through to make sure that their starting goalie doesn't play too many games ... balancing out having the better goalie in nets as much as possible with making sure he doesn't get "used up" and can't be at his best in the playoffs. And of course if you don't play him enough you don't win as many games and don't make the playoffs.

Great example! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom