What's new

I'll be "Z"ing you soon!

Hi all, I hope all are staying safe and doing well. OK this is just too cool ! I had no idea whatsoever about the following. I find this VERY interesting. No doubt many of you will know that BOTH of these Razors are vintage Gillette "Super Speed" Models. The one on LEFT is a (more common) Flare Tip Super Speed and the one on the RIGHT is a 1940's STYLE Super Speed. OK, no real biggie there.....however, what I learned today is that both of these Razors were produced the same year and both having the same Gillette "Z-1" stamped date code (1954/first quarter). Funny, now I have to think (make a choice) when I want to use my Z-1 Super Speed".

1585796151756.png

SixCats!

I have a similar pair. Z1 is also my birth year quarter. 1954 was the last year of production for the old style and the first year for the new flare tip. Production overlapped for the 1954 production year. They're great razors. Enjoy!

Thanks all for you kind words. Believe it or not, I used (for the first time ever) that Z-1 FLARE TIP Super Speed just the other night. I've collected a MESS of Razors (in a years time/started collecting/using a year ago March 2019). I had only a couple of days of beard growth at the most but wanted to shave. I decided it was high time I tried a FLARE TIP Super Speed so, I reached for this (near pristine) Z-1. Long story short, WOW! What a fantastic shaving Razor! I think I avoided using the SS as I heard that they are really on the mild side and I tend to like my more aggressive Razors. Well, the SS provided not only a smooth shave but, much to my surprise, quite a close shave! I think this Razor would be (for those who need it) a great daily shaver! I am putting this Z-1 into my rotation as there are just times I need to give my Baby Face a break from the likes of my "Old Type" Razors. It will be a welcome break!

Good to hear you had such a nice shave with the Flare Tip. I shave every other day and my 40’s SS gives a really nice close shave every time.

Top Bottom