What's new

iKon Tech: where to buy in the US?

Fendhrihan was the last vendor I remember seeing that had them in stock because they were labeled as “closed comb” instead of “ikon tech”.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Fendhrihan was the last vendor I remember seeing that had them in stock because they were labeled as “closed comb” instead of “ikon tech”.
Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers knew where there were one or two left I think.

They're gone. I snagged two in June or July, but I'm not interested in selling them. One I use occasionally, and the other is going to stay New In Box for a good long time.

Actually, the Tech is not anywhere as good at shaving me as I'd hoped, but maybe it will improve as I improve. That's my hope. Not saying it's a bad razor because it is not.

Just got an Ikon Tech from a fellow member and had my first shave with it today. I used an Astra SP Proraso pre-shave, and Capt Choice Venture. I was warned to be very vigilant, no pressure short strokes. I found it to have A LOT of blade feel yet still smooth. 2 pass shave and near BBS. Not bad for the first try. I’m looking forward to spending some time with this one to help perfect my technique.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just got an Ikon Tech from a fellow member and had my first shave with it today. I used an Astra SP Proraso pre-shave, and Capt Choice Venture. I was warned to be very vigilant, no pressure short strokes. I found it to have A LOT of blade feel yet still smooth. 2 pass shave and near BBS. Not bad for the first try. I’m looking forward to spending some time with this one to help perfect my technique.

You are a brave man.

This razor is a chart-riser for me. I've had mine for a long time, but didn't use it much when I got it, as it scared me. I now use it as much as any other, as I've learned how it works. No razor gives me a closer, longer-lasting shave.

The Tech was my beast razor. It was reserved only for shaves with 3+ day beard growth. Very close shaver. I wish I could have tamed it as a daily shaver.

You might also want to keep an eye out for the Ikon B1 solid bar razor. It appears to be very similar to the Tech, but has the B1 coating. I used mine last week and my face paid for it. That was my first shave with a truly "agressive" razor. I will be returning to my X3 and 102 slants until I become more sure handed with a DE.

2nd shave with my Ikon tech. Nuàvia Rosa soap, Paladin Buck Rogers 28mm, and Wholly Kaw Sublime Lavender AS. This time without the fear of using it I got a very comfortable 2 pass BBS. My only issue with this razor is it lasts too long! I normally shave every night for work the next day, with the tech I don’t need a shave for about 36 hours, so it throws off my routine. If you tend to like highly efficient razors, this is one for you.

For some reason, I took to this razor easily. Perhaps my six years shaving with a Futur at 6 had something to do with it. Probably helps that I use a very light touch. Don't like razors that require a heavy hand. The Tech gives tons of feedback, which in turn tells me how to adjust the angle. With zero pressure (approximating the weight of the head alone), I find it a dream. Best shaving experience I've had in seven years by a decent margin.

Very grateful to pbrmhl for turning me on to it. Also greateful to FloridaCreekIndian for selling me a Tech head at a very fair price. He said it had a small blemish but I can't see it and the thing shaves great. First used it with an Ikon Bulldog handle and then traded with pbrmhl for the OSS, which I prefer. Actually, it shaves identically with these handles as far as I can tell. I just like the length and heft of the OSS while pbrmhl prefers shorter handles. So it worked out for both of us, particularly since my Bulldog had the right finish for his Tech head. Not sure why the 104 head can look different from batch to batch but mine is a bit shinier, his a bit lighter color and silkier. Have shaved with them back to back and cannot detect a difference.

Having become a bit obsessed with this razor, I'm saddened that they don't seem to be made anymore. Hoping they make a comeback.

Top Bottom