What's new

Ikon Shavecraft Tech: What are your favorite blades to use in yours?

So, I've had my Ikon Tech for a few months now, and I love it. I saw someone on here say that for a razor with so much blade feel, it's surprisingly smooth, and I completely agree. It shaves me like no other razor, and I don't feel like it's uncomfortable on the skin. I've noticed the razor is a little picky with blades, however. My Astra SPs and Gillette Wilkinson Swords, which work well in my other razors, tug a little bit (especially on my chin) when used in my Ikon Tech. I'm guessing I should try something sharper, but I'm curious to see what blades you guys like in your Ikon Tech. I've never used a Feather blade, but I feel like that would probably be a good combination.

I like the Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow SharpEdge in the Ikon SC Tech. I have not tried the Feather in it yet - seemed like a scary combo to me.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
FEathers if i want a close shave, super max super platinum if i want a carefree shave that is also close

With my Ikon Tech, I find the sharper blades work better. Less tugging. I use Feathers, Polsilver Super Iridiums and GSBs. In that order.

P.S. I forgot Personna Med Preps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try buying some of these in the near future to try. I'd definitely like to minimize tugging, since it's easy for me to cut myself if the blade is struggling to cut my beard. That's when I apply pressure.

I love my Shavecraft Tech too. It shaves me with true BBS every time and I have a very dense beard. I am going to try feathers but up till now I have had good luck with Gillette 7 O'clock Blacks in the tech. Perma Sharp Super blades also work well.

With an aggressive razor I only use GSB or my favorite, Super Iridium. I find aggressive razors are fussy about what blade you use.

I actually got a great shave last night using Astra sp's. I might go back to feathers tonight, I think that was my first blade, first shave with the razor, but I cant remember, I know that was a good shave too. I tried a Gillette black once, and for me that one really tugged, I guess everyone is different. I know for sure as I am learning on this razor, I finally found the angle I needed, on the steep side like my 37c. I hit the sweet spot a few times, but its coming slowly as I shave with it more.

Top Bottom