What's new

Ikon SE razor coming out soon.

I too grabbed one and will put it on my OSS handle. Little worried it may be too aggressive for me, but I'll gamble it.

I've tried almost all of the Feather Pro style razors. Even the more aggressive ones are fairly easy to shave with as long as you watch the pressure that you use. The less aggressive ones I seem to have more trouble with in using more pressure to compensate for the lack of efficiency. I think you'll like it as long as you listen to the razor, give it some respect and take your time. The beauty is in these much sharper Feather Pro style blades as they'll clear about three de passes worth of stubble in two passes.

I snagged one. My first AC razor.

Will this fit a standard threaded handle? I was planning on using my Rockwell 6S handle.

It's a standard thread - any modern handle should fit.

Here it is with a Maggard Razors MR1:

$jefe6.jpg

The threads may be a little rough at first. I applied a drop of oil and worked it back and forth a few times, and now everything is fine.

--Bob

I have been wanting one since reading the reviews so I just got one. That's three SEs in two weeks, here I go again just when I had tamed my DE rad.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
A single edge? That's wonderful. Only one side to screw up the gap!

I've got one, 25$ is not a lot. It says Blem in description, wonder if it means blemished. It says, sold as is no returns'

I have been wanting one since reading the reviews so I just got one. That's three SEs in two weeks, here I go again just when I had tamed my DE rad.

Sounds like me, It would have been four had a Cobra classic coming from the UK had not gotten lost in shipment. Last tracking on that one was Oct 21 when it cleared customs in NY.

I've got one, 25$ is not a lot. It says Blem in description, wonder if it means blemished. It says, sold as is no returns'

Read that , and thought for $25 it was worth the gamble, If I like it I can always get an umblemished one when available.

The "blem" is that the tabs securing the blade are slightly undersized. There is some play between the cap and the base plate. As a result, it takes a little fiddling around to get the blade properly seated.

I apply light pressure pushing the cap toward the back of the base plate and everything comes together properly.

The blade is held securely and once the blade has been loaded everything works as it should.

--Bob

The "blem" is that the tabs securing the blade are slightly undersized. There is some play between the cap and the base plate. As a result, it takes a little fiddling around to get the blade properly seated.

Sounds like iKon sorta goofed up big time in the quality assurance department. I may still order a head, but think I'll wait until I receive and test-drive the Hawk I ordered a couple of days ago.

Would like to know how it compares to the Claymore, when all bugs are sorted and it's for sale through a UK distributor, I'll give it a go.

D

Deleted member 48987

I felt a lot more "blade feel" from the ikon, although from the side profile it's very similar looking razor to the razorock hawk.

Sounds like iKon sorta goofed up big time in the quality assurance department. I may still order a head, but think I'll wait until I receive and test-drive the Hawk I ordered a couple of days ago.

Supposedly the tabs could be slightly larger holding the blade a bit more secure. Tightening the handle down will solve the problem as well. I'm not sure this is a problem though as with some other razors I have like the ATT the tabs are so snug that I have to fight to get the blade out of the razor. It would be nice if they all were perfect but then again I think I'll be happy with it being a $25 razor head. It nothing else it'll be a great travel razor. If I lose it, so be it, it was only $25.

I've had the hawk razor and for me it was a little milder than I preferred so I let that one go. I think this one will better suit my preferences.

I got home tonight and found mine had arrived. I like the profile and shape of the head. Looks may not be everything, I will try it in the morning.

Supposedly the tabs could be slightly larger holding the blade a bit more secure. Tightening the handle down will solve the problem as well. I'm not sure this is a problem though as with some other razors I have like the ATT the tabs are so snug that I have to fight to get the blade out of the razor. It would be nice if they all were perfect but then again I think I'll be happy with it being a $25 razor head. It nothing else it'll be a great travel razor. If I lose it, so be it, it was only $25.

I've had the hawk razor and for me it was a little milder than I preferred so I let that one go. I think this one will better suit my preferences.

I believe you will like it David.[emoji3] Shaves like a SE version of the Shavecraft Tech.

I tried mine this morning, and it was the best first shave with any razor I have tried. I did as I had previously read here and pushed the head back so the tabs were more to the back of the slot.

I think Greg got the shape and angle of the head perfect. When he gets it back out I will probably pick up a couple of heads, one for me and one for my son and throw this one in for a travel razor.

I apply light pressure pushing the cap toward the back of the base plate and everything comes together properly.

The blade is held securely and once the blade has been loaded everything works as it should.

--Bob

That's fine by me for $25 to my door. I don't mind a little fiddling if it results in a perfectly aligned blade. I got really tired of fiddling and lining up the blade on some DE razors. The fix on this "blem" seems very straight forward and consistent. Mine is supposed to arrive Monday, but unfortunately I won't get the blades I ordered until Tuesday. It's like waiting for Christmas morning when I was five years old!

There's still a little bit of little kid left in all of us I guess, no?

That's the stuff I want to hear. I'm sick and tired of having so many useless choices in De blades. SE and AC blades sing to me.

Top Bottom