What's new

Ikon SE razor coming out soon.

giftsandcare.com have started stocking the blem El Jefe head in Europe.

So I don't know if this means that they are still being made despite the design flaw...or if there's just a big pile of old stock to be got rid of.
Anyways, I bought another now [emoji3]

What handles are you guys fitting on your El Jefes?

My IKon OSS fits perfectly but none of my big generic handles will screw up tight with it....

The handle screw on the El Jefe appears to be a bit longer than is customary, and this could cause problems with some handles. The threads were a little rough at first on mine, but after applying a drop of oil and screwing a handle on and off several times they smoothed right up.

The handles available from Maggard Razors have sockets about 1/2" deep so they work just fine, and are well made and very reasonably priced.

$jefe5.jpg

Above, El Jefe is paired with a Maggard Razors MR1. This combination weighs in at just over 3 oz and is nicely balanced.

The MR1 retails for $14, so for $34 I have a razor that can produce a shave that compares favorably with razors costing several times as much.

--Bob

The handle screw on the El Jefe appears to be a bit longer than is customary, and this could cause problems with some handles. The threads were a little rough at first on mine, but after applying a drop of oil and screwing a handle on and off several times they smoothed right up.

The handles available from Maggard Razors have sockets about 1/2" deep so they work just fine, and are well made and very reasonably priced.

View attachment 710223

Above, El Jefe is paired with a Maggard Razors MR1. This combination weighs in at just over 3 oz and is nicely balanced.

The MR1 retails for $14, so for $34 I have a razor that can produce a shave that compares favorably with razors costing several times as much.

--Bob

Thanks Bob! I've screwed another couple of handles right up tight on the El Jefe head and now they fit too.

My 105g handle also fits and it's a really good match.
proxy.php

Ordered a second El Jefe head from giftsandcare because I love this razor so much and ha ha the Blem is a limited edition [emoji3]

Top Bottom