What's new

Ikon SBS flippable head.

Dear all,
I have a question regarding the above mentioned head.
In the description at the Ikon page, it says flippable head, which to me means it can be used either side. Are both sides of the base plate equally aggressive or there is a difference. If there is, which side is more aggressive?

Yes, it has 2 levels of aggression; more aggressive with the Ikon logo showing (with the blade against the SBS side). The latest is an aluminium head.
see: New edition of the iKon SBS now available
The new one no longer says Ikon on one side and SBS on the other. There are four little indentations on one side, and four linear central indentations on the other. I am not sure which is more aggressive, but I think it is more aggressive when the four indentations are showing.
On the original, I preferred the shave with SBS showing, but the difference wasn't that great. I think the difference between the two is supposed to be greater on the new version.

Well, I tried it this morning with the baseplate flipped and wow! There was quite a difference.

I found it much smoother with the four little round indentations showing. I think that way is supposed to be milder. Efficiency was still excellent, so I lost nothing, but I gained a very smooth and comfortable shave.

With the baseplate flipped this way, this razor is a real contender. Very nice shaver.

shaved with mine this morning, prefer the 4 indentations next to the blade. A bit more agressive, but easier for me to shave. I love the design and would like to have a 100% solid bar and 100% open comb version of this.

Stop it guys! I already have the rereleased Ikon 102 in my cart and keep putting in and taking out the SBS. Comments in threads like this one will NEVER help me to hit the Pay button. ;-)

Top Bottom