What's new

Ikon and the New Feather AS-D2

Are you saying the re-design on the Feather was done so it could not be paired with the iKon base plates? I thought the re-design was a result of inconsistent tolerances on approximately 25% of the AS-D1s that were produced.

Last edited:
Are you saying the re-design on the Feather was done so it could not be paired with the iKon base plates?...
I am just speculating since the re-design will (most likely) result in top cap not fitting to other manufacturers bottom plate.

As to "inconsistent tolerances on approximately 25% of the AS-D1s" I cannot say anything about it since have not seen a verified source for this information.

Never heard of this and I am curious where did you get this information from?

There must have been something wrong with some of them. What exactly I don't know but I tried one that wouldn't shave a damn and had another one to try out later and that one was ok. Anyway I'm very happy with the AS-D2, been using it for a month now.

Can't help with the Ikon question, never had the opportunity to try a Ikon razor.

If the AS-D1 is 100% compatible with the Ikon parts why not ask if AS-D1 is compatible with the AS-D2 to owners of both?

I have an Ikon OSS and a AS-D1, so I can't answer your question.

There must have been something wrong with some of them. What exactly I don't know but I tried one that wouldn't shave a damn and had another one to try out later and that one was ok. Anyway I'm very happy with the AS-D2, been using it for a month now.

Can't help with the Ikon question, never had the opportunity to try a Ikon razor.

I had a couple of AS-D1 razors that delivered poor shaves at best. Is the shave from the AS-D2 better than its predecessor? Since you have experience with both, you're experiences are worthy of note. Thanks.

@ DEGuy, like I wrote the AS-D2 for me personally shaves better then the two AS-D1's I tried (one was bad and the other was ok but nothing special). You might check out some other threads about the AS-D2 where I and others wrote about our experiences with the new one.

Top Bottom