What's new

If you're bald on top and shave your head, why?

My hair was thinning for many years. I told my barber when he died I will just shave it all off and that is what I did about 5 or 6 years ago. The thinning hair look sucks and I love my bald head. My now wife found me on a dating forum and said my bald head is one of the things that attracted her. It's weird, I started to get hit on more when I shaved my head. I love it but it is some work to be sure.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I found that I was spending way too much time and money trying to look like I still had hair. When I had to change from going to a barber to going to a "hair sylist" I had enough of that. I had a little island of hair in the front -- if it was short it stuck up and made me look like Bozo the Clown; if it was long enough to lie down it was always in my eyes.

Mrs. Hippie got out the horse clippers and cut it all off for me in 1996. Since then I've been "cutting my own hair" and it doesn't take much time or thought; just go in the Lather Pit and do it. Depending on the razor and my mood it's between 10 minutes and 40 minutes, three times a week.

O.H.

I started losing hair when I was 17, Mum spent a lot of money on Rogaine, but then at 23, I gave up and started shaving my head. I guess now that I am 42, I have continued to have the hairstyle.

One of my grandsons who in his 30s, and going bald and sporting a 'widow's peak', shaved his head and now he looks years younger.

As a barber, I shave many heads and often it’s on men who have a fair amount of hair. Many prefer the bald look to the thinning or partial bald look. Just MHO.

I occasionally threaten to shave my head at home. But my girls all ask me not to. I've got the bald spot on the back of the head thing going. I look in the mirror and all is fine, but show me a picture from behind and I'm wondering why there's a glare.

During COVID, I too got a pair of clippers and just started buzzing my head. Unfortunately, when on a video cam. I look practically bald. But again, the girls (including the wife) aren't a big fan of me going full clean shaven. Honestly, I'm not keen on adding another regular task to the list either. But one never knows - I may get really fed up and emerge from the bathroom one day with the only hair north of my shoulders being my beard.

Top Bottom