What's new

If you want Charcoal Goods EveryDay Razor head in solid copper, pls post here!

I have been in touch with Brian of Charcoal Goods and asking if he is keen on a run of the Evrery Day razor heads in solid copper.

I asked him if he is ever releasing any every day razor heads jn copper but he was doubtful over it as he said that the stainless steel.and brass ones are far more in demand. So I suggested to start a thread here to glean the level of interest if any for copper everuday razor heads and asked him how many would he need to start such a run. The following was his reply....

"The heads are solid copper. Copper billet is a specialty material so in order to get a decent price on it I have to order enough material to make around 100-125 razor heads."

So if you want an EveryDay razor head in copper, please post that you are interested to see if there exists that level of demand to get such a run going....

#1 - Zwiehander...

Reading this post I can see Brian's reluctance to commit to a copper run. At least he has the handles ready.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 20.00.00.png

For sure. It took me over a year to assemble a full lvl 2 copper because he was always sold out of one component or another. Was interested in picking up a Yates copper handle today because I knew there was a drop. They sold out in 15 minutes.

For sure. It took me over a year to assemble a full lvl 2 copper because he was always sold out of one component or another. Was interested in picking up a Yates copper handle today because I knew there was a drop. They sold out in 15 minutes.

I really hate product drops, personally speaking. I wish artisans can just keep their product in stock through the year, like any product manufacturer would do in the normal economy.

On the other hand keeping product in stock costs a lot of money locked in unsold inventory, so I do understand why small scale cottage industry sellers would prefer not to do so. Still, the sales model that relies on product drops all the time is exhausting to the consumer IMHO.

I really hate product drops, personally speaking. I wish artisans can just keep their product in stock through the year, like any product manufacturer would do in the normal economy.

On the other hand keeping product in stock costs a lot of money locked in unsold inventory, so I do understand why small scale cottage industry sellers would prefer not to do so. Still, the sales model that relies on product drops all the time is exhausting to the consumer IMHO.

I agree.

How does the Everyday compare to the level 1, latest generation?
I've never used a level 1, but this is what Brian had to say about it: "it's better then the level 1. once i started using the everyday I don't think i would ever use my level 1 again."

I've read somewhere that it's more efficient and smoother. I imagine that's what Brian meant by "better"

I would be in for one or a level 2 . I missed the whole stopped production thing. I never could decide on what metal, now they are gone.

Top Bottom