What's new

If you only had one soap?

Have to change my vote, as I am using Arko Shave Stick for few days now. It is Arko...Dirt cheap and for me it works like a charm.

Last edited:
I am going to go with the Tabac crowd, but Pre de Provence isn't too far behind. I switch it up depending on mood.

L'Occitane CADE... not really digging it.

Any issues freezing or defrosting? Did you freeze it as one big block and then cut off pucks as you need? P. 160 is a good soap, I have only tried a sample which was enough to last me for several months in a rotation.

I've not had any problems with freezing it. It has a shelf life of 3 years at room temperature due to the degradation of the fats in the soap. In the freezer, it should keep at least twice that long, so long as you keep it frozen. I have it in several containers so that I don't have to take out the huge brick every time and expose it to moisture in the air. I have them wrapped in wax paper and placed in small tupperware containers.

Gentlemen,

If I had only one soap, as of this moment, it would be Mama Bear unscented. Lather, glide, moisture — I have found nothing that beats it.

Mitchell is next in line.

I have gone through a big lineup of soaps through the years — Trumper, Taylor, Truefitt, Tabac, Pre de Province, and many others — and most recently Mama Bear.

Mama Bear unscented rules.

Regards,

Obelit

Just letting you US boys know: here in Germany, the "shaving crowd" don't hype Tabak that much. Maybe for the reason its considered as a scent of the parents generation.

Olivia soaps get great reviews and Golddachs for its abilzy to soften the beard.

Br, Alex from Germany

Top Bottom