What's new

If you only had one razor, one blade, one cream or soap, AS, etc.

For the most part unless I am trying new blades out of curiosity I pretty much use the same stuff every day. A Gillette super speed, Treet Durasharp, cheap no name boar brush, C.O. Bigelow shave cream, a few drops of Aqua Velva Ice Blue, then a small dab of Afta Fresh for the areas that tend to get drier after shaving. I am pretty much limited to one of each. Hate ordering stuff online and paying shipping. Only exception is blades. I bought a whole bunch of C.O. Bigelow back when they had it in stores around my area at about $6 for a 5 Oz tube when you buy 3. I shave with a DE to save money.
That's a fine lineup there.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm waiting for a new Wolfman to arrive...so, I can't include that one. Right now, my list looks like this:

Cremo shave soap pre-shave
Muhle R41 stainless steel
Wilkinson Sword (Germany)
Stirling Bay Rum soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Stirling Bay Rum aftershave and edt

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This changes from time to time, I have some very enjoyable razors in DE & SE. Very hard to pinpoint any winner, but this will work for now.
-Any Gem or ASR closed comb razor will work! (Lather catchers, 1912, 1914, 1924, Streamline, Damaskeene...)
-Gem Personna SS PTFE blade.
-Speick shave stick.
-Razorock XXX aftershave.
- Dickenson's witch hazel with 14% alcohol will work.
-CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm).
- Yaqi , any 26mm synthetic brush will work!
- my homemade altered ceramic lather bowl.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

If you only had one razor, one blade, one cream or soap, AS, etc.

Razor: PAA Copper Ascension Twist Adjustable In Rose Gold!

proxy.php

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium!

proxy.php

SOAP: Stirling Glacial Wintergreen Tallow Soap With Menthol!

proxy.php

AFTERSHAVE: Duke Cannon Ice Mentholated Aftershave Balm!

proxy.php

PRESHAVE: PAA Ice Cube 2.0 Mentholated Pre-Shave Cube!

proxy.php

Shave Bowl & Brush: Cayune Workshop Dark Nebula Shave Bowl & Brush!

IMG_4099.JPG

FRAG: Stirling Executive Man Eau De Toilette Cologne

proxy.php

As it stands, my "if I could only have one" line up would comprise:

Fatip Piccolo
ASCO
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Omega 6212 Super

Over the last 2-3 months I have really been in the groove with Fatip open comb razors (Grande, il Grosso and Piccolo). These have been performing so well that they have supplanted everything else in my den. However, the star of the show is the humble Piccolo. It cost all of 20 quid yet knocks spots off every other razor I own. It just seems to have the perfect blend of smoothness, comfort, efficiency, aggression and ease of use. Does it possess perfect blade alignment? No. However, it is but the work of a moment to get things lined up. It is also a razor that seems to work with every blade I have in my arsenal so my blade choice could just as well have been a Gillette 7 O'clock or Personna Lab Blue etc.

In terms of soap & brush the above combo is superb but I would be just as happy with a La Toja shave stick and the Omega 632 Silvertip.
IMG_20221125_111809802.jpg

Last edited:
Right now, based on my limited experience:
Gamechanger .68
Nacet
RR XXX soap and matching splash
RR The Bruce synthetic brush.

I am sure that is subject to change with experience but there it is.

Top Bottom