What's new

If you like Proraso...

Thanks for sharing these! I really want to know: Why is that one bottle sitting on top of the machine at about the 1:30 mark in the AS video? The label and lid look like they're on correctly, and the bottle is filled, so I'm thinking it's for the gentleman's personal use as he fills the boxes. Ahhh......a little cooling splash to brighten my day in the factory.

Also curious, but much less so, why certain operations are automated while others are manual human labor.

But here's the real concern: Can anyone who's worked there for more than a month stomach the smell of eucalyptus and menthol? I suppose the answer lies in the response to my first question above.

Last edited:
But here's the real concern: Can anyone who's worked there for more than a month stomach the smell of eucalyptus and menthol?
That's the real question. I've read that people who work in the Tabasco sauce factory in Louisiana have to wear face masks, and even then the smell is hard to take. The Sriracha factory in California reportedly is an odor problem for its neighbors. I can relate, because as a teen I worked a summer in a factory that made loose leaf binders and other vinyl goods (which were then silk screened with custom corporate logos), and the smell in the room where the vinyl was heated and molded -- OMG! Fortunately I didn't have to go into that room often.

Thanks for sharing these! I really want to know: Why is that one bottle sitting on top of the machine at about the 1:30 mark in the AS video? The label and lid look like they're on correctly, and the bottle is filled, so I'm thinking it's for the gentleman's personal use as he fills the boxes. Ahhh......a little cooling splash to brighten my day in the factory.

Also curious, but much less so, why certain operations are automated while others are manual human labor.

But here's the real concern: Can anyone who's worked there for more than a month stomach the smell of eucalyptus and menthol? I suppose the answer lies in the response to my first question above.
Most operations are automated, but the people are probably there to inspect and make sure everything looks correct before packing things for shipment. Machines allow us to make mistakes more perfectly and even faster than ever before!

Probably the aftershave bottle was pulled from the line for some minor defect. Could be a crack in the cap, bubbles under the label, etc. They don't want that going out to customers.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Most operations are automated, but the people are probably there to inspect and make sure everything looks correct before packing things for shipment. Machines allow us to make mistakes more perfectly and even faster than ever before!

Probably the aftershave bottle was pulled from the line for some minor defect. Could be a crack in the cap, bubbles under the label, etc. They don't want that going out to customers.
Why have you changed your face again, and why are you poking it in here when the question is really this: why are Robots taking over the World?!?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Why have you changed your face again, and why are you poking it in here when the question is really this: why are Robots taking over the World?!?
Robots aren't taking over the world.

Shhhhhh if Google's AI hears you it'll send the drones after you

Would you prefer this face? Grrrr! Hssss! Stupid Earthling, I will be merciful and quick!

cella-gorn-2.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

But can you imagine the employee discount!!

I think -as was stated in another post - the guy putting the as in the box was inspecting each one. Qc.

Fabulous videos. Cool to see.

Top Bottom