What's new

If you have one or some can you post pics?

Hi fellas,

What I'm looking for is just some pictures of safety razors that were given away by companies as gifts or to promote their items. I haven't really seen any around, but I know they are out there. There is one at a local antique store I'm going to buy when they drop the price some. The one I'm looking to purchase has the companies name and a description of their new machine printed on the head of the razor. I will post pics once I purchase it, I'd just like to see if anyone has some of their own they could share with us.
Thanks in advance.

Wrigley's gum promotion set, Brownie razor wiht 3 blades given away. 1 million sets distributed
proxy.php

I see this a lot on the Christy and Keen Kutter style razors. I'm sorry to say that I gave away the only one I had without taking any pics.

I know the kind of set you're describing -- almost always post-patent Old Type sets with logos or messages on the caps, and usually an inscription on the case, too. I don't think I actually own one of those kinds of sets, but this Chrysler one just sold on eBay not that long ago:

$$(KGrHqVHJBcE-di9m0mVBPqGzCpt4!~~60_57.jpg

$$(KGrHqRHJBYE-hOvikZ4BPqGy9eDE!~~60_57.jpg

I do have a couple of other promotional razors that I could snap some photos of if you're just generally interested in the concept, though.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I have this Gillette Pocket Edition set made for the Scandinavia Belting Co. The razor does not have any company inscription on it though.

$Scandinavia Belting Razor open.jpg

$Scandinavia Belting Razor Set.jpg

i have seen an old type with coca cola written in the bottom plate next to the gillette symbol but i dont remember if it had anything on the head of the razor. i didnt take pictures or look that close cuz they wated a pretty penny for it. i wish i would hae takn pics tho cuz i havent seen anything like itbefore

Last edited:
I know the kind of set you're describing -- almost always post-patent Old Type sets with logos or messages on the caps, and usually an inscription on the case, too.

The couple I've seen out there were both Old Type sets as well.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't grab one of the Christy promotional razors I saw on the 'bay one day. It was gorgeous, and as a native Ohioan, I love to snag things that have an association with my state. I can't find the picture either. :cursing:

I have this Tuckaway set that has an engraved case. It looks more like a giveaway from a local drugstore or something like that.

proxy.php

Top Bottom