What's new

If you had to use one shaving brush for the rest of your life.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My B&B 2012 LE with the Shavemac D01 Two-band knot. Second would my Sambar stag antler D01 Two-band flattop.

My Muhle 23mm Silvertip Fibre.

$Muhle brush.jpg

Semogue SOC boar.

However, I have a SOC 2012 LE in the mail and I bet the mixed will trump the boar. And someday I'll get a Rudy Vey keyhole. But no more than that ;).

I've really been enjoying my recently acquired Simpson Berkeley Best Badger. Lathers creams and soaps with ease and the brush feels great on my skin. My answer is the Simpson Berkeley Best Badger. For now...Still waiting to pull the trigger on the SOC Boar.

I'd probably choose the M&F Chief, or the M&F 2xl Heritage, or the Thater 3 band, or the Thater 2 band, or the Rudy Vey custom with Shavemac D01 3 band or the one with D01 2 band, or the Semogue SOC or the 610, or the Vie Long white horse, or the Kent BK8, or the Simpson CH2 super, or the Da Vinci 210, or the Omega B&B, or the WSP Monarch, or the SOC 2 band, or the....

Thank goodness I don't have to choose just one!

Hands down the Semogue Owner's Club 2 band badger. The handle is very ergonomic and feels solid in my hand no matter how I hold the brush. The hair is stiff but has soft tips. The knot isn't too big or too small. The knot has great flow through. The knot is more fan shaped which I prefer. The handle and longer than most so the brush is good at bowl and face lathering.

I should refuse to say just on principle..... but I'd say my Morris & Forndran 1/2 Blonde Badger.

I could pick others that I'd be equally happy with as well.

Ben

Top Bottom