What's new

If you had to pick only one badger brush!

Today I want to know what youve learned from your mileage with badger brushes. I see lot of den pictures with lot of nice brushes. Wondering if they are all still getting used or only one is.

I have synthetic and boar brushes already. Im ready for badger but I dont want to buy a pure then want a best then want a silvertip.... Trying to buy things I will use. Im looking to get one around a 100cad/ 75us brush. Saw a high mountain brush at 100$ on fendrihan that is looking nice but I prefer your experience to help me chose.
Thanks all

Today I want to know what youve learned from your mileage with badger brushes. I see lot of den pictures with lot of nice brushes. Wondering if they are all still getting used or only one is.

I have synthetic and boar brushes already. Im ready for badger but I dont want to buy a pure then want a best then want a silvertip.... Trying to buy things I will use. Im looking to get one around a 100cad/ 75us brush. Saw a high mountain brush at 100$ on fendrihan that is looking nice but I prefer your experience to help me chose.
Thanks all
For a $75 dollar/$100 CAD budget, the best bang for your buck would probably be a Maggards SHD (Super High Density) Badger brush. Phenomenal value.

I think Yaqi & Frank Shaving's two band Badger fall into that price range, too, also mostly positive reviews.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

"The one" would be one of these two, it doesn't really matter which, honestly.

This is way above your quoted price point though, but then again, these brushes are packed with probably twice as much bristle, so we'll worth it.
proxy.php

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

"The one" would be one of these two, it doesn't really matter which, honestly.

This is way above your quoted price point though, but then again, these brushes are packed with probably twice as much bristle, so we'll worth it.
proxy.php

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Whats wrtitten on the right one?

It seems you are asking two distinct questions...
1. "What brush do you use?"
2. "What brush should I use?"
To answer the latter requires much more information than you've provided.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
With your budget I would strongly advise you to take a look at "Zenith" Silvertip brushes - "Zenith" is an Italian brush-maker that produces high-quality brushes that are simply wonderful for their price.

Thanks all

I'm guessing as you like synthetics and boar, you want something soft? I'm like you and have recently tried two badgers which felt like rubbing sand paper on my face. A Simpsons in Best and a Simpsons 2 band silvertip. I'll stick with my synths and boars.

You need to state what you want a badger to feel like though.

I'm guessing as you like synthetics and boar, you want something soft? I'm like you and have recently tried two badgers which felt like rubbing sand paper on my face. A Simpsons in Best and a Simpsons 2 band silvertip. I'll stick with my synths and boars.

You need to state what you want a badger to feel like though.
Thanks its what I meant by experience, I thought badger brushes were all soft so yeah Im looking for something soft.

At this stage I wouldn't even bother with a "Pure Badger." I really like the Shavemac 2 band silvertip. It's got everything I want from a shaving brush. I prefer badgers over all other brushes.

At this stage I wouldn't even bother with a "Pure Badger." I really like the Shavemac 2 band silvertip. It's got everything I want from a shaving brush. I prefer badgers over all other brushes.
Thanks but seems over my budget from what I see on their website

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Your stated budget is $75US.

Maybe one of the Yaqi Silvertip badgers? Not my favorite badger brushes, though.

The @BigJ choice of the Simpsons Duke 2 in best badger is very good.

Personally, though, I would contact @Rudy Vey and have Rudy put together a badger brush that will meet your requirements. It will cost more than $75US but will be a brush that you will use with pleasure for many, many years.

shave 20200705_110140.jpgshave 20200627_140453_2.jpgshave 20200519_105353_2.jpg
Just my opinion. :)

Thanks but seems over my budget from what I see on their website

Personally, though, I would contact @Rudy Vey and have Rudy put together a badger brush that will meet your requirements. It will cost more than $75US but will be a brush that you will use with pleasure for many, many years.

There's a 2 band silvertip shavemac w/ Rudy Vey Handle in BST if it hasn't sold already for $75.

Top Bottom