What's new

If you had to choose only one razor from your collection, what would it be?

1st off: thank you for your service @Jdogg.
My single razor decision would probably depend on the circumstance. If a vacation traveling: Darwin Universal as it provides good shaves, durability in a suitcase, no need to find/buy blades, and I enjoy the novelty aspects.
If in need of a simple daily driver, hard to beat the simplicity and nice shaves, as well as ease of replacement if necessary, of an old Gem like the 1912.
If it was a situation in which I would be getting ready around a bunch of guys and wanted no fuss/no muss, maybe a Schick injector.

I’m just not a single razor guy, sorry.

...But hard pressed, if I could pick only one it would be my wonderful current go-to: A pristine 1949 Rocket. Done.

Time to change my mind again. Been using my latest razor, a Gillette super speed 47, for three weeks now.
Man I love how it shaves! So smooth but still effective, paired with a Gillette or Polsilver blade it is simply awesome.
Not as durable as my earlier one, Rockwell 6s, but now I'd choose the SS 47!

DE. BBS1
SE OneBlade Genesis

Between the two: hands down BBS1

The quality exceeds any high end straight encountered. It is crazy OTT and inspires passion much as a quality prepared race car or race motorcycle

NOTHING surpasses a Wolfman crafted razor not even close

I don't think you can go far wrong with your choice of a Super Speed. But I've used only one razor for almost all my shaves for the past couple years. It's a two piece Gillette NEW raised flat bottom. For me, it is the best combination of closeness and comfort.

Two months ago, it would have been the Razorock Wunderbar Slant, but I think I would now choose the Ming Shi. Can't believe the comfortable shave I get from this ridiculously cheap razor which seems to get the best out of all the blades I've tried in it...even the ones I don't like. Some have complained that the head is too big to fit under the nose, but I have a mustache so I can't comment on that.

Two months ago, it would have been the Razorock Wunderbar Slant, but I think I would now choose the Ming Shi. Can't believe the comfortable shave I get from this ridiculously cheap razor which seems to get the best out of all the blades I've tried in it...even the ones I don't like. Some have complained that the head is too big to fit under the nose, but I have a mustache so I can't comment on that.

Have not used it, and cannot imagine it will be a pass it on to your grandson razor, but I gave one a good look at Maggards, and was impressed. Glad you are loving it! And super price.

If it would never be dropped or messed up, Gillette Slim.

Real world, only one razor for longevity and simplicity? I would have to go with one of my Techs.

Top Bottom