What's new

If you had to choose one of each shaving item to use for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

This is the combo that I would currently would pick and the only things that will change are the razor and the blade, since I don't care that much about the rest.

Any Schick Type M adjustable
Personna/Ted Pella injector blades
Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf or pretty much any synthetic within the 24-28mm range
Any B&M Omnibus or Stirling Sheep base soap would do just fine and I don't care about the scent
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm

I’ve been trying a lot of different soaps lately. So that one might be difficult. The others have been favorites for a while.

Razor: Karve Overlander brass
Blade: Wizamet (Astra SP a close 2nd)
Brush: Semogue 2040HD Silvertip
A/S: Alum and Stirling Unscented Balm
Soap: This is the best I can narrow it down right now, Grooming Dept Mallard or a homemade soap a fellow B&B member sent me (A&E K2e is a favorite too)

I can think of several combinations that would be pretty great, but as of right now...

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blades: Lord Platinum
Brush: Simpson Duke 3, 2 Band Silvertip
Soap/Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Balm

I’ll play!

Razor: Karve CB SS SB-B plate
Blade: Wizamet SI
Brush: RV ‘22 contributors brush shavemac 26mm 2-band silvertip
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
A/S: Stirling Executive Man
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cool

Great kit that I always enjoy when that combination comes around! Thankfully I do not have to stick to one of each! I have worked on pairing down my collection to only favorites in each category, not there yet, but the journey is fun!

GREAT QUESTIONS!!

I will split my answer into two parts, since cost is a factor.

If I were purchasing to obtain the best kit at minimal cost I would go with the ‘travel kit’ I used this AM.
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Personna lab
Brush: Simpsons Wee Scot
Soap: La Toja stick
AS: OS original

Since I already own the following, the incremental cost is zero!! So this would be my ‘top-tier’ set-up.
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Polsilver SI (today’s choice, although I could be happy with other options)
Brush: ShaveMac ‘beagle’ 2-band (fan, a B&B group purchase)
Soap: Haslinger’s schafmilch (old ’tallow’ formula)
AS: Speick

:popc::popc::popc::popc:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I already responded with a non-answer but I can list a few things... just not one single razor at this point

Razors: too many from which to choose just one
Blades: not very much experience here but the Wizamets work well for me. Performing on the same level for me are the USA Personna Comfort Coated blades.
Soap: Canada Shaving Soap
Brush: SV 2.0 Cocobolo Manchurian Badger
Pre Shave: PAA Cube and Tube 2.0
Post Shave: Metro gel, Hyaluronic Acid, Neutrogena Hydro Boost (I always use all three in tandem... with trio, I suppose)
After Shave: I've never used one but I do apply Alum after each shave, before the Post Shave items.
Cologne: Escada :https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Escada/Escada-pour-Homme-1364.html

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
No. I'm in the G.R.U.Y.E.R.E. already for Pete's sake. For me a better question would be "what could you PIF?"

Razor - 40s NDC Gillette Superspeed
Blade - Nacet
Brush - Yaqi Bali
Soap - MWF
Post shave - Thayers original witch hazel
Aftershave - Pinaud Vanilla

Soap: La Toja stick
Bowl: CaYuen Copper
Brush: Muhle STF
Razor: Timeless Ti95OC
Blade: Wizamet Super Irridium
Splash: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive balm

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I already have most of the list figured out by describing my Dopp kit for travel. I spend a month away in the winter and almost every weekend in the summer and a couple more trips here and there. That makes for 70 plus days with my travel Dopp.

Gillette Slim
Trafalgar T3
Various blades. If only one it will be the German Wilkinson.
For soap I bring an Arko stick and a Proraso white tub. I’ll chose the Proraso White tub.
I don’t bring aftershave or balm normally. If I have to choose my choices would be Proraso Green aftershave and Proraso White balm.

Top Bottom