What's new

If you had to choose one of each shaving item to use for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Razor - BB Ti Lite
Blade - Gillette Nacet or Personna Israeli Red, either would be fine
Bowl - CC Copper Obsidian
Brush - Rudy Vey Contributor handle with 24mm Shavemac 2 band Fan
Soap - Ethos Success
Splash - Unscented Ethos

I go with Henson M and Blu Atlas shave cream. A month ago would have said Proraso red or white tube cream.

This shave cream is basically flawless IMO so my brush is just for decoration now.

Only one of each?? If I answer this, will all my other stuff magically disappear?

Razor: Wolfman SS WR2 1.25 with Timeless Crown handle
Blades: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Paladin Lotus Butterscotch
Soap: ETHOS Tonka Bean
Aftershave: ETHOS Tonka Bean Skin Food Splash

My question to you is as follows: You have to make a choice. You get to choose one of each of the following categories that you have to use for the rest of your life. You don't get them for free, so keep cost in mind.

Whats your choice of:
Razor
Blades
Brush
Soap
Aftershave (you can choose 1 lotion and 1 splash)

My choices are:
Razor: Yaqi Final Cut adjustable
Blades:
Brush: Yaqi Green Goblin
Soap: Arko stick (just edges out derby stick due to price)
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive post shave balm and Dhose Mandarin as the splash
Razor: 1924 ever ready shovel head single edge
Blade: personna or gem CS or SS (coated)
Shaving gel: ez blade shaving gel
Beard oil: any brand
Beard balm: any brand
Leave In Conditioner: any brand

I don’t use a brush.
I don’t use after shave.
I don’t use soap.

I cold water shave.

Gillette NDC Superspeed.
Russian Permasharp Super.
Palmolive stick.
Razorock Bruce.
Original Nivea blue crème.
I’m 50/50 on getting a Titanium Timeless OC 0.95. What stops me is the Superspeed as a daily shaver works really well.

Last edited:
Haircut & Shave N075 -- My absolute desert island razor. Own two. Rocnel Sailor would be number two because of its adjustability. But the N075 performs whether I'm in a hurry and have to rush or I want to go for a BBS.
Gillette Silver Blue -- It matches the H&S best. Tried many in the H&S. Always come back to GSB.
Elite Honduran Rosewood Burl 26mm Manchurian White -- Simply my best brush; best I've ever tried. Always a star.
Ariana & Evans The Recipe -- I'd choose this as the soap not only because A&E Kaizen soaps are at the top rank for me (with but a few others) but because it's unscented, which gives me greater leeway in choosing scents. And also because I think I'd get tired of any single scented soap very day.
Aftershave: Ethos Clean - not only because Ethos splashes are formulated just right and give a great post-shave feel but because it, like the A&E, is unscented.
Lotion/Balm: Antica Barbieria Colla -- I don't all that often use, or feel a need for, a balm but when I do this is my choice. The best.

So, here's the line-up:

2023.03.11 - One choice .jpeg

Razor: Gillette Superspeed
Blades: Astra SP
Brush: Chinese Badger Brush
Soap: My own shave soap (Sweet Sandalwood)
Aftershave: Thayer Witch Hazel and Clubman Pinaud

Razor: Supply CO SE
Blades: Supply CO Black Label
Brush: Parker Badger Silvertip
Soap: Jack Black Triple cushion Supreme Cream
Post Shave Balm: Pre du Provence No. 63
After shave. Speick

I’ll preface with my relative newness here, but as of today:

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather ProGuard
Pre: Crown Shaving Co. (So ridiculously close with Grooming Dept. it’s basically pick ‘em)
Brush: Paladin
Soap: MDC
Splash: Crown Shaving Co. Tonic
Balm: ABC Apricot Hull

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have to say... I shaved every day with whatever Gillette cartridge razor and canned goo was in vogue from 1973 until February of last year, 2022. After using and failing with the RR Lupo Aluminum our youngest son gave me, I ordered an Executive Shaving Company Claymore Evolution AC single edge razor and it was off to the wet shaving races.

The thread title suggests there might be... or perhaps, should be, a selection of shaving tools and software we should enjoy for the rest of our lives. I enjoy a small group of each. The variety is fun and I get to continue to learn with every shave. There are a varying goals, I suppose. Mine might be to continue to experiment along the way... enjoying every shave on the journey.

Top Bottom