What's new

if you had to choose one DE/SE/SR for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

This is an easy one, a no-brainer actually. While many in my collection are great, there is none quite like my very first razor.

Gillette Fatboy
Great choice! The Fatboy is indeed a smooth and efficient shaver. I have recently acquired another one and I am amazed! My first one was bought and sold 7 years ago and I can't remember what the heck I was thinking back then

Gillette knew what they were doing back in the 40s-50s-60s and I agree with you no modern razor shaves objectively better than my vintage Gillette Tech or Fatboy/Slim adjustable

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Any American Safety Razor SE 1912 model with a Gem Personna SS PTFE blade, millions of these great razors were sold through the decades of time goes to tell a person they were liked very much. Had a great shave with a Everready 1912 this morning with 10 shaves on the Gem coated blade might have something to do about my decision .
This could change on a whim!

This. I have the later, gold-handled version and it's consistently in my top 3. With a quality carbon blade, like Treet Falcon or Dura Sharp, I can easily go 3 weeks before changing the blade. I've pushed it out to a full month just to see if I could do it.
I got some Falcons, I will now have to give them a try.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Weck Surgical Prep

proxy.php

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Maybe the Wunderbar. Though someone mentioned the Game Changer .84 Open Comb, I am inclined to say, hmm yeah, maybe, too.

I have a Blackbird in transit. Maybe this one will be perfect?

Such questions are like which of your 3-4 kids would you pick if only one could survive. OK. Not quite. Still a terrible thing, even if this is a hypothetical question. I am talking about the OP question with the one razor, of course. 😀

Top Bottom