What's new

if you had to choose one de blade for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Glad I don’t have to make that choice for reals. So many good blades. But I could do with Wizamet Iridium-Super as my only blade if it came down to it. I have about 1500 on hand now, so that would potentially last me the rest of my life anyway.
Yeah, you will be leaving some of those in your Last Will and Testament my friend! Great blade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I use only Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI blades (different names and packaging, but same blade)

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where the Polsilver and Wizamet blades were examined under a 200x microscope. Pics were posted. They were quite different. I was surprised as they look the same to the naked eye, and they shave the same.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where the Polsilver and Wizamet blades were examined under a 200x microscope. Pics were posted. They were quite different.
I knew it!! Years back when I still used modern blades sometimes I was part of a group that did a comparison and was one of the few who felt a difference. The Wizamet SI came out on top for me personally...

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I knew it!! Years back when I still used modern blades sometimes I was part of a group that did a comparison and was one of the few who felt a difference. The Wizamet SI came out on top for me personally...
The bevel on the Wizzy looked better in the pics. I wonder if there was a manufacturing change, or a machinery upgrade on that line. I would suspect if we looked at the last Polsilver and the next most recent Wizzy from right after, they might be the same. I dont recall the date stamps used for the microscope test. It very well could have been 2016 Polsilver and 2020 Wizzy for all I know. I have lots of each, and without doing a side by side shave-off, they seem the same to me. Close enough anyway. And if the Wizzy is indeed better, that's okay too!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where the Polsilver and Wizamet blades were examined under a 200x microscope. Pics were posted. They were quite different. I was surprised as they look the same to the naked eye, and they shave the same.
The bevel on the Wizzy looked better in the pics. I wonder if there was a manufacturing change, or a machinery upgrade on that line. I would suspect if we looked at the last Polsilver and the next most recent Wizzy from right after, they might be the same. I dont recall the date stamps used for the microscope test. It very well could have been 2016 Polsilver and 2020 Wizzy for all I know. I have lots of each, and without doing a side by side shave-off, they seem the same to me. Close enough anyway. And if the Wizzy is indeed better, that's okay too!

My skin says they're the same.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Gillette Silver Blues. Sharp, smooth, readily available, reasonably priced and they work great in my favorite razor (Gillette contract tech) so what’s not to love.

Haven’t tried those yet. I have tried several others from the PPI plant including my favorites the GSBs. If the quality of blades from the PPI plant are any indication I’d probably enjoy those as well
ive got one in a sampler pack but still got to try out gillette silver blues

which blades are the one with super iridum written on the blades?

ive got one or two of those, dont know whether theyre polsilver's or wizamet's tbh,
how can i tell the difference?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My skin says they're the same.

Me too. They also feel the same to me. But science is science. And since in this hobby we obsess about the minutia of things like blades, it interests me.

I also have a USB microscope and many different polsilver and wizamet blades. I moved houses recently, and it is still buried in storage. As soon as I dig it out, I will check out some of the older versus newer blades and compare them.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Did you intially like the personnas? I'm asking as you have a fair bit of them
I bought them when I first started DE shaving. I was a bit of a Made in U.S.A. snob at the time and had no experience with any other blades so I bought the only ones available. I assumed a blade was a blade.

Top Bottom