What's new

if you had to choose one de blade for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
View attachment 1347854

Wizamet SI

View attachment 1347857

And/or Polsilver SI.

In my view, they're the same blade.

(Yes, I know some folks say they're not the same the same blade, but my skin says they are.)

I already use only these blades.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I'm with you Jim. I have looked at them under a microscope and they look a bit different. And others have posted microscope images of these blades that show them to be a bit different. But I would venture to guess that if you looked at two Polsilvers from different batches a few years apart, they might look a bit different too. Anyway, I agree on two things. (1) They both shave the same to me. (2) They are my favorite blades. :001_tt1:

The PIF NOS Polish Polsilvers are amazing. I was lucky enough to get 200 from Ireland. Incredible blades and I would be more than happy to only use those.

Feather - Single Use
5D411C64-D90A-4BFF-8335-6880CA30365A.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I don't have a tuck, only loose blades. You are more than likely correct. I haven't tried the gold tuck. Only these.

Thank you. I also have not tried the gold tuck as far as I can remember. I was wondering if it was worth seeking them out, as they are quite tough to find at a reasonable price. I used to look for the gold tuck when i was on a Polish blade binge a while back, but have since stopped actively searching for them.

I have a full sleeve of the brown box Polsilvers. I also have some of these vintage Wizamets as well. There is the Wizamet tuck that looks like the one you posted, except its the vintage original from Poland. As well as the pre-1982 Polish Wizamet in the plastic tuck. Both are amazing blades, and I consider them on another level from the brown box Polsilvers.

2021-10-20 09.52.56.jpg2021-10-20 09.53.01.jpg2021-10-20 09.54.14.jpg

Thank you. I also have not tried the gold tuck as far as I can remember. I was wondering if it was worth seeking them out, as they are quite tough to find at a reasonable price. I used to look for the gold tuck when i was on a Polish blade binge a while back, but have since stopped actively searching for them.

I have a full sleeve of the brown box Polsilvers. I also have some of these vintage Wizamets as well. There is the Wizamet tuck that looks like the one you posted, except its the vintage original from Poland. As well as the pre-1982 Polish Wizamet in the plastic tuck. Both are amazing blades, and I consider them on another level from the brown box Polsilvers.

View attachment 1348984View attachment 1348985View attachment 1348986
I would love to try those as well. You have given me yet more unobtainium to lust after. I have seen the gold tucks in bulk, but, have not tried them due to hearsay that they are not as consistent. I also think current Wizamet shave like the Polsilver SI which was my favored blade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I would love to try those as well. You have given me yet more unobtainium to lust after. I have seen the gold tucks in bulk, but, have not tried them due to hearsay that they are not as consistent. I also think current Wizamet shave like the Polsilver SI which was my favored blade.

Sorry to be an enabler. Well maybe not :)

I also have heard mixed reviews on the Gold ones, similar to the brown box ones. That is why I havent been willing to drop big dollars on those.

I also love the current Wizamet blades. Shaved with one today in fact. I love modern Polsilvers too. I also feel they are so incredibly similar that they are interchangeable.

View attachment 1348984
I just happened to find 20 blades like your first two pictures marked 1983. They say made in Poland and are wrapped in cellophane. I look forward to trying them out. So yeah consider me enabled. Thank you, sir.

I have a few years supply of blades already - feather, Astor, Gillette platinum etc.

Also I would like to try many other blades too.

But to answer your question: BIC

For me the best all rounder - being, that different DE razors perform differently with each blade.

I find the SECOND use of a Feather the absolute best in terms of efficiency and comfort.
I do a complete face shave and a complete head shave every shave. Although I refer to it as a shave. It is in fact two shaves. I just leave the eyebrows on. I did try Feathers on a second shave. That would be a third shave for you. I could always feel a transition in the blades sharpness. Wether the blade is dulling, or blade coating is disintegrating. It is a very distinct feedback, and compromises the shave I prefer, a BBS. I do not feel any transition in the blade on my head shave.

I should have stated more clearly that my shave is two shaves on the blade. My apologies for the error in my post. I have read in the past from other posts that a blade deterioration is felt on third use Feathers. I would be in that camp.

I will shave a five day growth, face and head tomorrow. My face whiskers are a tad longer and stiffer than head whiskers. Although the shaves are combined they do have differences. So now you have me thinking maybe the lighter load on the blade for head whiskers is muting some of the second use characteristics of the blade.

Thank you for your comment. Always more to ponder.

Top Bottom