What's new

If you do a single pass shave...

Probably one pass WTG is enough for a socially acceptable appearance….But heck, part of the reason for me shaving now, (retirement phase), is to take it easy while doing a 3 pass shave and reflecting on the past, present, and future…..Unless of course I’m using my R41 or a straight then it’s all about the Present!

A single WTG pass with an efficient razor like Parker Semi Slant or R41 gives me a nice close shave, but not a long-lasting one. Doing an XTG pass improves the appearance only slightly, but increases longevity, so I'll still look like I shaved in the morning, 10-12 hours later.
Some time ago, I developed a routine to shave every morning, single pass WTG, using the R41 and a reasonably sharp blade like Polsilver SI. It worked. This razor is so efficient that I'd still be presentable in the afternoon. However, my woman noticed that, at the evenings I was scratchy...

I have fair skin and a tough beard around the chin, so a one pass shave will make my skin the happiest but i'll see a slight 5 o clock shadow. At a minimum, i'll do one WTG and one XTG.

Top Bottom